|55| The sick joke

When I finally wake up the first thing I feel is Garcia throwing me against the hard cold floor and my bones cracking

When I finally wake up the first thing I feel is Garcia throwing me against the hard cold floor and my bones cracking. I try my best to crawl away with my tied hands but end up hitting a wall in no time. He is about to walk up to me when some more men appear and push another person inside.

"Miles." I notice and stand up running to him but I don't get far.

"Danielle?" He asks quietly and looks up.

His face is bleeding everywhere and his left eye is barely open.

"Oh my god, what did they do to you," I whisper noticing how fucked up he is.

"This is just the beginning sweetheart. You haven't seen anything yet." Garcia drags me away as the men tie up the barely conscious Miles. "I've got this, go." He orders and the other men leave.

"Why are you doing this?" I dare to ask.

"Why wouldn't I?" He laughs at my question. "Don't worry we are going to have so much fun. Right Miles?" He walks up to him taking a knife out of his pocket.

"Wait no, what are you doing?" I elevate my voice.

"You are going to tell me Matteo's plan and everything he knows about us or your dear best friend is going to die." He explains without any emotion.

"Danielle, don't tell him shit," Miles says looking up at me.

"Look I don't know anything please, don't do this." I try.

"I don't believe you beautiful. How do you think he will look if I cut his mouth open?" Garcia gets closer to Miles and puts the blade against his skin.

"It's okay, don't say anything." Miles repeats.

"Last chance sweetheart." Garcia looks back at me and I keep my straight face on. "Okay, I see how it is." He dives the knife in.

Miles' screams resound through the room, it's like I could feel the pain by only listening to the screeching sound but I keep my composure and don't say a word.

"Should we try another thing? Where do you think it will hurt most Doc?" He drags the knife down to Miles' abdomen. "This looks painful enough."

"Please don't.." I try once again.

"Just tell me what he knows and where he is Danielle and the suffering will be over." His tone changes to appear more approachable.

"I don't know anything," I tell him once again. "I left the house and I don't know where he went."

"Maybe this will put some light on the matter." He smiles before stabbing Miles in the side of his stomach.

"Stop, please!" I shout as Miles starts to cough heavily. "You are going to kill him!" I get up again and try to help him.

"You are not going anywhere gorgeous." He takes me back and throws me against the hard floor once again.

My body hurts like hell and my mind can barely process the situation. Everything feels like a sick joke.