|44| The mission

"Running around in circles isn't really going to help

"Running around in circles isn't really going to help." Miles tells me for the hundredth time.

"I move when I'm nervous." I shake my head and keep up my pace. "What's the last thing we know?"

"The same as five minutes ago, they are still driving." He repeats.

"Fine, everything will be okay. Right?" I stop and turn to him.

"It will be okay." He reassures me.

My head is spinning, thinking about everything that could go wrong. Why did I let him go? What if something happens? I can't do anything if I'm here. He is out there and I'm in here. God I need a distraction.

"Tell me something, literally anything I just have to stop thinking about this." I sit beside him on the sofa.

"Well I met someone." He smiles.

"I'm going to need more than that." I take a pillow and hug it against my body.

"Her name is Ava." He smiles at the sound of her name. "One of the nurses at the hospital."

"Oh I know, Avalon, the newbie." I say figuring out who he meant. "She is gorgeous, how is it going?"

"We had some dates, I just don't want to mess it up or put her in danger you know?" He looks down.

"You deserve someone maybe it's time you work for your own well being." I put my hand over his shoulder.

"I want that but at the same time I don't want to leave Matteo, he helped me so much." He says sadly.

"I'm sure he will understand, just talk with him, after all you paid your debt." I reassure him now.

"I might do it." He nods and a text comes through. "They got to the place now they are going to get ready and go inside."

"Okay." I nod anxiously.

"He will text when they get inside and  then we will have access to what they hear but they won't be able to hear us." He explains. "Later once they tell us to we will leave and meet up with them in the clinic, we go by car and they should get there by plane."

"Okay, call when they get in, I need some air." I say leaving to the balcony.

The direct sunlight of mid day warms up my skin and I close my eyes looking towards it. Savouring the little moment of peace. I wish he was here with me, holding me and whispering how everything will be okay.

"Danielle, they are getting in. He wants you to have this." He hands me the weird looking phone.

"Danni it's me, we are getting in. I will leave the communications open so you can hear what's going on, I won't be able to hear you for precaution reasons but you will hear us all." Matteo says through the phone. "Miles if it becomes too much you turn it off."