|56| The final attempt

I call her again but she doesn't pick up

I call her again but she doesn't pick up. Pacing around the room for like the hundredth time I repeat to myself that everything is okay, that I didn't fuck it up.

When I told her to leave I was only trying to protect her, I thought it will be the only way but now that she is gone I understand how dumb the idea was. I can't live without her, it's been an hour and I'm close to having a panic attack.

Trying to calm my nerves I sit down over my chair and leave my phone in front of me. Waiting for something and it's just then when it finally rings.

"Danielle where are you?" I ask as fast as I pick up the phone.

"Garcia oh my god, I'm so glad you are here. There's something going on and Miles is missing I think we should-" She says before I hear a crash and the call ends.

My brain stops for a second and tries to analyse what just happened. I can't even think and I feel my body starting to shake so I call the only person I know who can help me now.

"They have her, they have Danielle." I mutter over the phone when he picks up.

"What?" Carlos asks confused.

"We had a fight and she left and now.. now they have her. Carlos I can't lose her if something happens to her because of me I-" I start to ramble.

"Matteo focus, she needs you right now. We will find her." He stops me. "What's the last thing you know?"

I go back to what she said and my brain finally gets the information through.

"Garcia, it has to be him who has her." I say quickly. "She called me sensing something was wrong and said Garcia's name and how Miles was missing before the call cut off."

"I will track Miles' phone, see where they went. You should get out of the house, you can come here." Carlos tells me. "We will fix this together."

"I will take my bags and be there in five." I hang up and take all the stuff I could need before getting to Carlos' place.

"He is the living room come on." Mia is the one who opens the door and guides me through.

"I got Miles movements tracked, it stops on the hospital she works at." Carlos shows me the screen of the laptop.

"So they have him too." I exhale and sit over the chair next to him.

"It looks like it. I tried to check Garcia's movements, they also stop at the hospital." He adds.

"He isn't hiding, he wants us to know it's him who betrayed us." My blood boils.

"And he can't be alone, it's not a single man's job." Carlos nods.

"I put that man to take care of her, I gave him the upper hand. I did that." I can't stop thinking about all the things I should have done differently.

"Blaming yourself won't do anything, you couldn't have known, what we have to do now is find them." He moves closer the best he cans and puts his hand over my shoulder. "She saved us, now we save her."