|38| The pool

"So that's the master plan?" Danielle asks huffing

As promised I explained everything to her the moment we woke up. And as expected she doesn't like it one bit.

"We will be ready for everything, we were taken by surprise on the last mission, we won't this time." I try to explain.

"You already know my take on this but it's your job, I can't tell you how to do it." She shrugs her shoulders.

"Everything will be fine, I will leave on Friday and come back on Saturday, we will take the men back. We have to try, for them and their families." I keep trying to convince her.

"I know and even if I think that you going it's not a good idea I support you. I will be ready in case someone needs medical assistance." She finally says.

The fact that even after all she still tries to understand and be here for me means a lot. I know it's hard for her, the same way it's hard for me but I have to do this.

"Thank you for understanding." I take her face on my hands.

"It's how a relationship works." She smiles slightly.

Relationship. Would have never believed if someone told me I will be with the most perfect woman someday.

"Well, I have a surprise for you, so our relationship can work." I mimic her works trying to mess with her.

"You do?" She finally laughs letting me listen to what has become one of my favourite sounds.

"I do, I'm taking us to a nice spa day." I tell her.

"That sounds amazing and definitely needed." She nods in approval.

"Then you should go and pack, we are leaving today." I step away from her and motion to the door. "Pack pajamas we are staying there, also bikinis but just the bottoms." I smirk.

"Of course you will say that." She lets a airy chuckle and goes to pack.

I sit over my chair to think for a bit when Carlos gets in.

"Así que te vas?" He asks a little confused. (So you are leaving?)

"Sólo dos días, apenas tenemos tiempo de estar juntos con todo lo que está pasando y creo que tanto a ella cómo a mi nos vendría bien desconectar por un tiempo." (Just two days, we barely have time to be together with everything that's going on and I think it will be good for us to step away for a second)

"Bien. Me encargaré de que todo este preparado para tu vuelta, disfruta." He says understanding we both need this. (Fine. I will make sure everything is ready for when you come back)

"Gracias." I get up from the chair and pat his shoulder. "Voy a por el coche." (Thank you. I'm going to take the car)

I wait for Danielle in the car for a while and she finally appears with a bag.