Goodbye friend.

"I.. had.. to save...you. I l-..lo-.. i love you, y/n.." they choked out with tears falling down their face..

"You stupid.. i was bitten awhile ago, i doubt he would have done anything to me.. why couldn't you just stay back?" I sobbed.

I rolled him off me and put his head in my lap, i looked up at everyone, seems we fought off all the zombies. I looked back down.

"I'm sorry, i- i couldn't risk it." He smiled

"Gyeong-su.." i cried "we were supposed to survive, both of us!"

"I seen wujin running to help you, and I didn't want you to have to live without him." He coughed "you've been the bestest friend I could have ever asked for y/n. I'm happy you'll be alive and happy with him, even though.. i- i wish it would have been with me. I have loved you sense the day we first met." He started breathing heavy. I could tell his time was coming

"Su.. stay with me, please! You're my best friend. I can't lose you!" I cried out

Silence.. gyeong-su had taken his last breath as a human..

Wujin walked over and helped me up wrapping his arms tightly around me. I held onto him like my life depended on it and sobbed into his neck.

"Hey, shhh.. it'll be okay. I'm here.. were all here for you y/n" wujin kissed the side of my head.

Suddenly we could all hear the sounds of bones breaking and cracking.. gyeong-su was starting to stand up. Wu-jin moved my head so i couldnt see him and held me tight as i sobbed into his neck.

Gyeong-su let out a growl and started to run at me and wu-jin, but before he could get close nam-ra came up behind him and grabbed the back of his shirt spinning him around to face her and then she broke his neck with her bare hands.

Everyone was silent, the only noise was my sobs and the sound of gyeong-su's body hitting the ground which made me cry harder.

"More are coming. Let's go. There wont be any that way." Nam-ra says looking ahead

"Come on. Let's go.." bare-su says looking at his former friends body..

"No... no we can't just leave him.. we have to bury him or something.." i cried

"We can't stay, or take him.." on-jo looks at me

"He was our friend.. we can't just leave him. He wasn't just some zombie.." i sniffled

I pulled away from wu-jin and started walking towards gyeong-su's body.. nam-ra grabbed my arm to try and stop me. I tried to yank my arm out of her grasp but she held on tighter, i hit her in her shoulder and she let go.

"Don't die for no reason.." nam-ra stated

"I can't die.." i deadpanned at her i was about to say more but the smell of everyone caught me off guard.. i was getting hungry again..

"If we go now we might make it" nam-ra turns away I can tell that she's hungry too. "We should have enough time."

"I know i've killed a lot of zombies myself, but a human being would apologize for killing her best friend right in front of her." Mi-jin says angrily

The group starts to walk away but me and nam-ra stay back. I can tell the hunger is getting too much for her

"Hey.. you okay?" I asked her

"Hungry.." she breaths out

"We'll find something soon.. let's make sure they get to safety first." I smile weakly at her

"Y/n.. i'm sorry." She looks down

"You were doing what you had to. It sucks but, don't be sorry." I grabbed her hand and we started walking

Five minutes passed but it feels longer.. this hunger.. the voice that sounds like me but isnt me at all keeps telling me to eat my friends.. its almost overpowering. Nam-ra looks at me and mouths to hang on a little longer. But how can I? Isn't she hungry? Can't she feel it? Can she hear their blood and their hearts inside their bodies? I can.. its so loud. I don't think I can do this..

Wu-Jin walks back to walk beside me, i can sense he's worried about me. But it's not me he should be worried about.. i'm a monster, he should be worried about him.. i can smell him. He's too close. I can hear him trying to talk to me but i can't make out the words. My own voice in my head far to loud to hear anything else. "Eat him. It's okay. He'll understand. Just a little taste, you're starving. Just a bite" i can feel the tears in my eyes threatening to slip out. I don't want to eat him.. but it's like i can't control myself any longer. I stopped walking. Just stood there staring ahead but not seeing anything. Wu-jin stops walking too and stands in front of me.. too close.

"Y/n? Are you okay? Just a little longer.. can you hear me? Hey.. y/n... please look at me." Wu-jin pleads

Wrong thing to say.. my eyes snap to his face the hunger building inside me.. i feel like im drowning in my own body. I can't snap out of it no matter how much or how loud i yell inside my head to just ignore the hunger and be myself again. It doesnt work.

Wu-jin steps closer and puts his hand on my cheek. Stroking it lightly with his thumb to show me he's here for me. I wish he would have kept walking.. fight harder y/n.. you can overcome this. I can't.. it takes over, i jump on wu-jin and pin him to the ground sitting on top of him, face just inches apart. I let out a low growl..

"Y/N NO!"