Chapter 16

"Broken Without You"

~~

Namjoon, Yoongi and Eunwoo were seated on the couch in Jungkook's living room. They all were in deep thoughts about what happened just now.

"I've never seen Jungkook like this. Broken, hurt and so vulnerable." Yoongi voiced his thoughts.

"He's in love hyung. And no one can bear to lose their loved ones." Eunwoo said with a sigh. They've checked all the possible places where Jimin might have gone, but returned empty handed.

Eunwoo glanced at his phone to see if he had received any text from Taehyung. He explained everything that happened here to Taehyung and he knew that somehow Taehyung would be able to get a hold of Jimin. No one knows Jimin better than Taehyung.

Meanwhile~~

Taehyung was in front of Jimin's home. He saw it was locked and went to one of Jimin's neighbours, to ask if they had any information regarding Jimin and his family.

He pressed the door bell and few seconds later, an old lady peeked through the door, whom he saw in here many times whenever he came to visit Jimin.

"Hello, Halmeoni. I'm Taehyung. Your neighbour, Jimin? I'm his friend." Taehyung said with a bow and smiled slightly at her.

"Ah, yeah. Chimmy's friend right? I've seen you here a few times." She smiled at him and came out of the house.

"Yes. Actually, I came to ask if somehow you might know anything about where Jimin and his family have gone. I've been trying to contact him since yesterday but he's unreachable." Taehyung explained and saw that the lady was thinking about something. 

"Yeah, I probably saw him and his maid two days ago, with bags and they were rushing somewhere I guess. And when I asked them if everything's okay, Maria had said that it's an emergency. And said she'll tell me when they'll come back." She explained everything she saw that day. Taehyung got a bit worried when he heard it was an emergency.

That old lady must have sensed the change in Taehyung's expression, that he is worried about his friend, so she patted his arm, assuring him with a smile.

"Don't worry dear. They'll be fine. And if you're thinking if they're in some kind of danger or trouble, then don't be anxious because that's not the case. I heard her talking with someone about someone's health condition. So I guessed maybe someone is sick or something. Don't worry, your friend is safe. He'll contact you. Have some patience, okay?" She assured him with a positive smile.

And somehow that worked because Taehyung's mind, which was restless a few seconds ago, is now a bit relaxed. He let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Halmeoni. Can you please inform me when they'll be back? Here is my number." Taehyung handed her a piece of paper with his name and number.

"Of course, I will. And wait here for a minute. I'll be back." She said and went inside. And few minutes later, she came back with a box of freshly baked cupcakes.

"I've made this just now. I was actually going to distribute it to the kids of our neighborhood. And you can also have some." She handed him the box and smiled at him. Taehyung took that box from her and sniffed the aroma of the baked cupcakes from around the box. His mouth watered just by a little whiff of the smell.  

"I'm hungry just by the smell of it. I'm sure it tastes really good. Thank you, Halmeoni. I should leave now." Taehyung exclaimed and that lady nodded with a smile. Taehyung bowed then took his leave.

On his way to Jungkook's apartment, Taehyung took his phone out to ask Jin if he was going to Jungkook, so that they both could go there together. Jin replied that he was on his way, so Taehyung directly went there, to inform everything he heard from that lady.