Chapter 22

"The Faceless Villain"

~~

Everything's so silent. No words were said as Jungkook and Kang-soo sat there, still overwhelmed from what happened previously. When both of them calmed down, they ate their lunch all together. Kang-soo then went to take his medicine, while Jungkook was helping Jimin, wiping the washed dishes with a cloth.

Jimin was observing Jungkook from the side, as he knows that Jungkook's mind must be a mess right now. But he was hesitating to say anything or to even ask anything to Jungkook.

"Say it."

Jungkook suddenly said and looked up to meet Jimin's eyes which were already on him, catching the latter off-guard.

"Huh?" Jimin asked dumbfounded.

"Whatever you're thinking, say it." Jungkook repeated himself while tearing his eyes away from Jimin's and focusing on cleaning dishes.

"Um, it's n-nothing. I..... I'm just wondering if you're okay."

Jungkook's hand stilled only for a couple of seconds before he continued to wipe the dishes clean. Jungkook wasn't stopping him, so Jimin continued.

"You know, after everything happened today, I know it's a lot to take in your mind and you must have so many questions. Am I right?" Jimin asked softly, and saw Jungkook took a deep sigh.

"I really wonder, how can you read my thoughts like an open book? You use to do the same before." Jungkook stated with a little laugh that made Jimin let out a chuckle. If Jungkook is laughing at things then it's a good sign.

"Just like you can. After all, we're boy-"

Jimin stopped abruptly, when he realised what he was going to say. He glanced at Jungkook who was looking at him intently. To cover up the statement, he then said something else.

"I-I mean to say that we were friends.....so it's not new to know your friend's thoughts." Jimin stated with an awkward laugh. Just to not make the atmosphere more awkward, he asked Jungkook to check on Kang-soo, if he took his medicine or not. Jungkook nodded and headed off to Kang-soo's room. If Jungkook knew what Jimin was about to say, he didn't point it out, for which Jimin was grateful.

Jimin sighed. That was close, he thought. He should really had to avoid the topic of their past relationship. It would make things more awkward between them than it already was. Jungkook had clearly mentioned that he was done with the past and would not like to talk about it. So it's better for both of them to not bring up that topic again.

After cleaning the kitchen, Jimin headed off to his room to check on his phone, in case he had any text or call. The moment he picked his phone, it suddenly started ringing. Jimin frowned as he saw an unknown number blowing up on the screen. He first thought if he should answer it or not, but decided to answer it.

"Hello?" Jimin said in the call.

"Mr Park Jimin?" A man asked from the other side.

"Yeah, I'm Jimin but my last name is not Park now. I'm married and it's Wang." Jimin explained to the person on the other side.

"Well, it's not wrong to call you with your previous last name now, as your husband is dead. Right, Mr Park Jimin?" The man mocked him in a teasing tone, which Jimin didn't favour.

"Excuse me? You have no right to mock or to even say a thing about someone's grief. That's so inhumane of you. Just mind your own damn business, and say for what you've called." Jimin said as he was pissed at this kind of attitude of this man.