Chapter 20

"Moving On From The Past"

~~

Jimin and Ji-sook were out to buy some necessities for Ji-sook. The little kid was walking with a jump on her steps beside her father, who was deeply lost in his thoughts about his and Jungkook's meeting yesterday.

The Previous Day**

“Jimin....” Jungkook said, still staring at Jimin as he couldn't believe that this was Jimin in front of him, for real, while Jimin too was looking at him continuously, not expecting to meet him this sudden.

And Joo-hi sensed it, they both were caught off-guard at the unexpected meeting the fate had pulled for both of them as she was looking at either of them.

But, their attention went directly to the kid who was jumping and clapping while looking at Jungkook.

“Kookie uncle!!” Ji-sook shrieked out before hugging Jungkook's leg.

Then only Jungkook noticed the familiar kid, recounting the events that had happened two weeks ago. He recognised her immediately the moment she said Kookie uncle and crouched down in front of her with a smile.

“Ji-sook-ah! How are you, baby?” Jungkook asked with a genuine smile on his face.

“I'm fine, uncle. I'm happy to meet you again.” Ji-sook said as she stepped forward to hug Jungkook, getting a smile in return from the latter who petted her head gently.

“You did?” Jungkook asked and felt Ji-sook nodded against his shoulder.

While they're talking with each other, Jimin saw the interaction between his daughter and Jungkook. It looked like they knew each other for a long time. Hearing a few words, Jimin realised that Jungkook was the one who saved Ji-sook that day.

Jimin was conflicting with himself about what to do with this sudden encounter with Jungkook. He wasn't ready to face Jungkook so quickly.

“Kookie uncle, I told you about my Appa right? Here he is, my Appa.” Ji-sook pulled Jungkook with her and made him stand in front of Jimin.

When their eyes met, yet again after this long time, they felt the same spark again as they've felt the first time they met. Jimin remembered the same orbs which he liked to drown in on them, the same doe eyes that he never got tired of staring at. Everything felt the same, yet so different at the same time.

He had seen Jungkook on TV multiple times now, but never paid much attention to the latter as he felt the guilt crept up on him. But now seeing him in front of him, he couldn't help but notice every slight change that could be seen on the Jungkook that stood in front of him.

But all those changes made him look more handsome than he already was, more mature than before.

Jungkook seemed to be doing the same thing cause they both were staring at each other for a moment now. But soon came out of his daze when he heard Ji-sook's voice.

“Kookie uncle, can I take a picture with you? Please?” Ji-sook said with such big puppy eyes because of which Jungkook couldn't refuse, so he nodded.

“Yayy!! Appa! Let's take a picture with Kookie uncle!!” Ji-sook chimed in and Jimin took a glance at Jungkook but soon teared his eyes away from Jungkook's gaze and told his daughter that he would click their picture.

So Jungkook took the kid in his arms and both of them posed, then Jimin clicked a few pictures of both of them.

“Thank you.” Jimin said as he was done with taking pictures. “For saving Ji-sook that day.”

The Fate Of Ours On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara