Chapter 21

"The Feeling Of Being A Dad"

~~

The cool breeze of morning air was hitting Jimin’s face who sat there at the terrace of his house. He spent the whole night sitting there alone, without blinking an eye of sleep. He just couldn’t sleep peacefully, knowing that his daughter was in danger.

His thoughts got interrupted when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see Kang-soo was standing behind him, with a cup of coffee in his hand. “Here, drink this. You’ll feel better.” Kang-soo handed him the coffee, and sat down beside him.

Jimin took a sip of the hot beverage, the hot liquid making him feel a little better, missing the worried eyes Kang-soo had as he stared at Jimin. Kang-soo was worried that at this rate, Jimin’s gonna be sick if he doesn’t eat and sleep properly. 

Kang-soo knew what Jimin had been going through since Ji-sook had been kidnapped, as he himself was aware of the pain of being separated from his child. Being a father who had lost his kid years ago, Kang-soo never wanted anyone to go through such pain he had felt for years. Those restless nights, fear of something happening to the kid, and everything flashed in front of his eyes. And seeing this happening with Jimin was so heartbreaking and sad. But he couldn’t just sit around and do nothing for the health of his son.

“Chim, you didn’t sleep properly last night. Go take some rest. Ji-sook will be fine. Nothing will happen to our little brave girl. Hm? I’ll bring some medicine for your headache. Ji-sook will not like to see you in this state. You don’t want to worry her, do you?” Kang-soo asked and saw Jimin shook his head, approving of what he’s saying.

“Then, you have to take care of yourself too. To find her, you have to be strong and healthy. Okay.” Kang-soo reassured the latter before patting Jimin’s shoulder in an encouraging manner, and Jimin stood up. He gave a weak smile to Kang-soo and nodded, then headed downstairs to his room.

Kang-soo sighed, and headed downstairs to prepare breakfast for both of them.

**~

Namjoon was checking some updates from his company about Jungkook’s schedule for the next two months of his break, assuring that everything was settled for the younger to have his much needed break, while Jin was preparing his much needed morning coffee for him to have some energy for his work.

Namjoon saw Joo-hi was already up, approaching the living room with a cheerful smile on her face that made Namjoon smile unconsciously, looking cute in her new unicorn PJs that Jin bought for her.

“Good morning, Joo-hi.” Namjoon said as she sat down on the same couch beside him, petting her head to let those strands of her morning head settle down. “Good morning, Dad.” Joo-hi greeted back with a smile, and Namjoon froze.

“Wh-what?” He asked, still processing that Joo-hi just called him dad. Dad. Or did he misheard her? He had been so desperate to hear this word, but he didn’t expect that it would happen so soon, so he was deliberating if he heard her right or was just imagining it.

“I said good morning.” Joo-hi repeated in case Namjoon didn’t hear her correctly.

“I know, but......Dad?” Namjoon asked again just to be sure that he wasn’t hearing things on his own.

“Oh, yeah. Um....now that you are about to adopt me, I thought it would be right to call you Dad.” Joo-hi mumbled, squirming in her place while fidgeting with her fingers, considering if Namjoon didn’t like for her to call him Dad.

“Um, it’s okay if........if you don’t want me to call you Dad.” She mumbled with a sad smile before she stood up, eyes not meeting Namjoon’s wide, surprised one, but Namjoon held her wrist gently, stopping her in her place.