Chapter 11

"Joyous Birthdays"

~~

It's been a week since Jimin's breakdown, and Jungkook hasn't left his side since then to ensure that Jimin is doing fine.

Ever since he has seen Jimin in his vulnerable state, he can't take that off of his mind. Jungkook thought Jimin must've kept everything inside him for so long that he couldn't stop himself from breaking down.

And from that moment, he has decided that he'll protect Jimin from everything. Jungkook had been spending most of his time with Jimin, to ensure that he would not feel lonely and be happy for the whole time.

Which hadn't gone unnoticed by others, and more specifically, Jimin.

Jimin saw everything Jungkook was doing for him. And he can't deny the fact that his heart swelled in adoration and love for the latter.

And now, Jimin can't help but fall more in love with Jungkook with each passing minute. His inner soul is screaming at him to yell out loud about how much he loves Jungkook. But he is restraining himself, waiting for the right moment.

Taehyung's pov

Jimin and I were in my room playing some video games, when he suddenly spoke up.

"Taehyung-ah, I want to talk to you about something." He mumbled hesitantly while biting his lower lip, a habit of him whenever he is anxious. I guess it's something serious that he wants to talk about.

"Ok." I said and sat up straight.

"Tell me, what's the matter you're worried about?" I asked, looking straight in his eyes.

Jimin heaved a sigh to compose himself, then continued, "How do you come to know that you are in love with Eunwoo? I mean, didn't that confuse you?"

"Well, yeah. It was confusing at first, because I thought that I like Eunwoo as a friend." I answered honestly, as I somehow guessed where this conversation would end.

"But later on, I began to feel that he is more than that because whenever he was around me, I felt a weird sensation inside me. My heart will beat in such a fast pace that I thought it'll come out of my ribcage. And even if I denied it, my heart had chosen him already." I declared and glanced at Jimin to see that he has a fond smile on his face, and a hand near his heart.

"And you chose Jungkook, right?" I asked with a smile while Jimin's face turned into a shocked one.

"Wh-what? N-no!" He stuttered and his cheeks had a slight blush. But I can see right through his eyes, the feelings he had for Jungkook are clearly visible.

"Is that so? Hmm. That means, you don't like him?" I inquired more to tease him.

"No! I mean, it's not like I don't..... like him." He mumbled the last part while fumbling with his rings he had on his fingers.

It's clearly written on Jimin's face that he loves Jungkook, but is hesitating to voice his feelings. I gently took his hands in mine, in the sense to assure him that he can be honest with me.

"Chim? You love him, don't you?" I asked seriously and he nodded slowly, sensing the seriousness in my eyes.
"Then, why are you denying it?"

"Because, I-I'm afraid of rejection. He is too good to be true. So caring. Lovely. Beautiful in a way that you can't describe in words. Not only by face but by heart too. And...." Jimin paused, and I saw a glimpse of nervousness in his eyes. He is insecure. About himself.

"And I don't know if he'll like me or not. Haven't you heard him, when he once said that he also wants a partner like Jisoo noona, who is kind and beautiful? And..... And I'm of no comparison in front of her." He said while fidgeting his fingers and looked down.