Chapter 12

"Confession"

~~

Jungkook had been seated in the couch silently, or more like embarassed. He was repeating the same scenario again and again in his mind, and scolded himself more than once for making Jimin uncomfortable, even though Jimin had told him the opposite.

His train of thoughts came to a halt when he heard footsteps approaching him. He saw Jimin, now in a more comfortable clothes than before, came towards the couch and took a seat beside him.

"So," Jimin began, gaining Jungkook's attention. "How come you are late? Were you busy whole day?" There was no trace of mocking in Jimin's voice, it was pure curiosity.

"Huh? Oh yes. I was, a little. But I'm glad I made it before midnight." Jungkook answered, quite relieved that he didn't miss Jimin's birthday. But turned serious soon, as he realised what exactly had got him late.

Jungkook cleared his throat, and turned to Jimin, a little hesitant. "Actually..... Um, I have something to say to you. Just listen first..." Jungkook told him, when he saw Jimin was going to interrupt.

"Hear me out first, then you can say whatever you want to me afterwards. Because if I won't speak now, I don't know when I will, in the future. It's either now or never." Jungkook explained, and saw Jimin nodded for him continue, while looking at him expectantly.

And with a deep sigh, Jungkook continued. "I-I love you Jimin. I love you so much, that it's making me go crazy." Jungkook saw how Jimin's expression changed from calm to a shock one in an instant.

"From the moment I saw you, I felt something deep inside my heart. At first, I couldn't comprehend what was that feeling exactly at that time, but I did feel that you're someone more than a friend to me. And now, I finally realised how deeply and madly I'm in love with you." Jungkook said, while looking directly in Jimin's eyes with a soft smile grazing on his features and continued to express his feelings.

"I want to be the reason of your smiles, laugh and happiness, just like you are, of mine. And, I also want to be the only person you love. So, will you be my boyfriend?" Jungkook asked with hopeful eyes, and Jimin was speechless.

Jimin was still trying to comprehend that these all things are actually happening, and he's not dreaming. While Jungkook was getting nervous because Jimin still hadn't said anything, and he was fearing if Jimin will reject him.

"It's-It's okay, if you won't give your answer now. Take your time. I'm in no rush--" Jungkook's words got cut off as Jimin threw himself in Jungkook's arms, which caught Jungkook off guard, but instinctively he caught Jimin in his arms.

Jimin pulled back from hug, just enough to look at Jungkook's face. He said 'yes' with his infamous eye smile, which came out as a whisper, but Jungkook clearly heard him. And Jungkook was on cloud nine after hearing this, that he squealed and stood up from the couch, with Jimin still between his arms.

He lifted Jimin off the ground by his waist, which startled Jimin a bit, and began to spin him around with a huge grin on his face. And Jimin laughed wholeheartedly. Seeing Jungkook's happiness reach it's peak was something he really adored about Jungkook since the beginning.

When Jungkook stopped spinning and put Jimin down in his feet, they both leaned in with closed eyes and put their forehead together. When Jimin's gaze meet Jungkook's eyes, he saw the sincerity, love and adoration for him. And he was sure that if Jungkook hadn't confessed, he was going to take the first step.

But looks like fate was on his side. And here he was, in the arms of the person he loves the most in this world.

Jungkook's feelings were same as Jimin. He felt content and happy while having Jimin in his embrace. He still couldn't believe that Jimin said yes. It felt like a dream to him.