Chapter 17

"A New Phase Of Life"

~~

4 Years later*

Ladies and gentlemen!!

Please give a big round of applause to welcome our today's guest who is one of the most versatile and famous singers and producers as well.
Please welcome, Jaykay-ssi.

The host announced and soon the crowd erupted into a loud cheer when the said man came in their view.

The both hosts, Mr Han and Mr Jo, greeted him with handshakes and hugs then took their seats while the crowd's cheering got louder second by second.

"Ah, see the excitement of your fans here. They really adore and love you so much." Mr Han chimed in while Jungkook just smiled looking at his fans' excitement.

"Yeah." Jungkook bowed in greeting towards the audience.

"It's your first time being on a live talk show. Am I right Jaykay-ssi?" Mr Jo asked Jungkook, getting a nod in response.

"Yes. I've been so busy with my work that I didn't have any time for any live shows or TV shows. But I did have a few interviews on radio programs when my first song became a hit."

"Ah, yeah. We've heard the rumours that you were not in favour of releasing that song. In other words, you were not interested in being an Idol. But your co-artist, Suga-ssi, showed a video of you singing to the company. And the company insisted for you to join them and release the song under their label. Is it true?" Mr Han asked for confirmation. Jungkook felt various curious eyes on him from the audience.

"Yes, it's true. It wasn't my intention to become an idol or singer. But, as you mentioned, Suga Hyung was the influence that I'm here in front of you all." Jungkook confirmed.

"That's quite impressive. It's been a little longer than two years since your debut, and you already have a fanbase of millions. Both of your albums became a hit as they were released." Mr Jo mentioned, which got a few woahs and oohs from the audience.

"Yes. The company was quite small when Suga Hyung had joined. They slowly began to rise into a level of recognition as our songs one by one became a hit. So it was all worth it, I guess." Jungkook truthfully answered, getting an appreciative clap from everyone. Jungkook's ears turned a little red at the praise.

"It was, indeed." Mr Jo agreed.

"Jaykay-ssi, I really want to ask you a question." Mr Han said as the cheers died down, gaining Jungkook's attention. "I'm curious about your name actually. How did you come up with this name 'Jaykay'? Any reason behind it?" He asked with curiosity, and in reply Jungkook first laughed a little.

"Oh that? Here's a friend of mine, Jung Hoseok. He used to call me by this name when we're in college. And it sounded quite cool actually from his voice, as his personality is quite cheerful and he always gets excited on small things. Like whenever he sees me somewhere, he would yell 'Jaykay!!' like this. So I decided to keep it as my stage name." Jungkook explained with a little laugh at the end, making others let out laughter too.

"We can imagine though. Hoseok-ssi sounds like a cheerful person, who might keep everyone around him happy and positive."

"Indeed he is." Jungkook agreed.

"But I noticed one thing that you hadn't revealed your real name. I guess no one knows about it right?" Mr Jo asked.

"Yeah. And it's a secret. Shhh." Jungkook jokingly whispered the last part to the audience, making them laugh.

"Ok, so here we have some common questions of your fans, which we would like to get answers from you. So are you ready?" Mr Han announced and took the card of questions from the table and handed it to Jungkook.