I checked my watch and saw that I had a little over an 40 minutes before I'm expected at the meeting. "Sure, I have some time. What did you need to talk about?"

Ae-ra sighed, she hesitated for a moment before speaking, "I guess I wanted to say my peace about your father. I deserve a clear conscience too, don't you think?"

I sighed and looked at her, feeling a sense of familiarity in her words. I nodded, I texted Dalnim to give her a heads up, and got out, getting into her car. And we headed towards the nearby cafe.

As we drove towards the cafe, Ae-ra continued to voice her concerns, her voice laced with suspicion and unease. "I don't trust your father, Hae-ju. He's always been one step ahead of us, and I have a feeling that he's not going to let you win this battle so easily."

I sat and listened to her voice her worries. All i could think about about was how this  was unlike her.To worry about me to such extent.

At the cafe, we sat down at a small table by the window, the sounds of chatter and laughter filling the air around us. Ae-ra ordered us some coffee, and we sat in silence for a few moments, lost in our thoughts.

Finally, Ae-ra broke the silence, her voice hesitant and uncertain. "Hae-ju, I don't know how to say this, but I think your father might be planning something. Something big."

I raised an eyebrow, my interest piqued. "What do you mean?"

Ae-ra leaned forward, her voice low and urgent. "I heard some whispers from some of the executives. They said that your father is planning to merge the company with another one, one that he has close ties with. And from what I've heard, he's been working on this deal for months now."

"Do you know which company?"

She shook her head.  " All I can advice is being careful."

After some time she sighed and asked: " so are you really happy with Dalnim?"

I sighed at her question. " let's not start this Ae-ra. You don't love me, you never did. You are in love with ju-won. I only suggest for you to not just chase people because you don't have them." I spoke out.

The aura had now grown awkward but I didn't regret saying what I did. " was this really why you brought me out here or was it truly about my father." I asked her.

She sighed and looked at me as if she was disappointed in my answer.

Ae-ra's eyes narrowed slightly, a hint of frustration flickering across her features. Ae-ra leaned back in her seat. She looked as if she was scrutinizing my every word. "Of course I'm concerned about your father's plans for the company, but that's not the only reason I asked to meet with you." Her voice was measured, but there was an underlying tension in her words.

I raised an eyebrow, curious about what else she had to say. "What do you mean?"

She hesitated for a moment, and then leaned forward again, her eyes boring into mine. "I just want to make sure that you're really happy with Dalnim. I mean, you've been with her for what, six months now? That's not very long, especially when you consider how long you and I were together."

I felt a flicker of annoyance at her words. Ae-ra had always been a little manipulative, and I couldn't help but feel like she was trying to plant doubts in my mind about my relationship with Dalnim. "Look, Ae-ra," I said firmly, "I can't say I value your concern, I understand you think you're doing the best thing, but I don't need you to give me relationship advice. Dalnim and I are very happy together."

Ae-ra's expression softened slightly, but there was still a hint of calculation in her eyes. "I'm sorry if I came across as critical," she said, "but I just want to make sure that you're making the right choices for yourself. And speaking of choices, have you thought about what you're going to do about your father's plans for the company?"