The Magical Transformation of An Ice Princess Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

We laughed.

I heard someone clear their throat. “Hang on, someone’s in here!”

“Hello? I said aloud.

A girl, about 13 years old, stood up from behind a dresser.

“Who are you?” I asked, trying to sound kind.

“Briana, miss.”

“What are you doing in my room?” I scooted to the edge of the bed, letting my legs fall over the edge.

“I was told to attend you.”

“Come sit with me.” I patted the bed next to me. She slowly walked towards me, revealing that she too was dressed in a ratty dress and grubby apron, just as the old lady was.

“Now, what are you supposed to do here?” I smiled at her. The poor girl looked like I was going to eat her or something.

“I’m supposed to take care of you and get you whatever you want.”

“I see. Well first off, I’m not going to hurt you, Briana. You look like you’re very scared of me.”

She nodded.

“Want to know a secret?” Another nod. “I’m scared to. I don’t know where I am, and I’ve been kidnapped. I could really use a friend. Would you be willing to be my friend?”

She smiled, and nodded again. “Thank you.”

“Now then, how old are you, and how did you get here?”

“I’m 11 m’am, and I was kidnapped as a baby and brought to work here.”

“Hey, that’s just like me. Baylan kidnapped me as a baby as well. He doesn’t hurt you, does he? Are you safe here?”

Her eyes widened, as if afraid to answer.

“It’s ok sweetie, you can tell me.” I put my arm around her shoulders.

She looked around the room, making sure no one else was there. Was it really that bad? She slowly lifted her bangs away from her faced to reveal a healing bruise on her forehead. She then lifted her sleeves to show me the bruises on her arms.

I felt sick. This man really WAS a monster. To beat a child…..

I could see the tears welling in her eyes, and I pulled her into a hug. “Briana, I’m going to escape from this place. And I’m bringing you with me. I promise.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two hours later, I sat on the bed, talking telepathically with Ryan.

“So you heard my conversation with Briana earlier?”

“Yeah. I don’t know how we’re going to escape, though. There’s guards everywhere. We’ll figure something out. I want to stay with you through dinner, ok?”

“Got it.” We sat in silence (so to speak) for a moment. “Ryan, I’m scared. Even more than before. Baylan truly is a monster. He beats children, for God’s sake!! If he can abuse a poor child, he’ll have no issues in beating me.”

“I know. If he tries anything, I’ll kick his ass. Well, once I’m out of here.” He tried to add the joke at the end, but it failed. He was scared, and I could tell. His voice had lost it’s happy tone, it’s care-free lilt that added to his personality. And that scared me even more.

“M’am?”

“Yes?” I turned and saw Briana Peeking around the door to my room. “There’s some gaurds coming this way, they look like they’re coming for you.”

“Alright, thanks. You go hide, ok?” She nodded and ran back to the corner where I had first spotted her.

“Ryan, I have to deal with something, hang on.”

The guards didn’t even knock, they just burst in. “The Lord demands your presence at dinner. You have five minutes to dress. We will wait outside.” The man’s voice was deep and gravely, monotone and uncaring.

I opened the wardrobe and shuffled through the clothes, selecting a black evening gown. I grabbed some black heals from the wardrobe and looked over to Briana. “Will you be ok for awhile?”

She smiled and nodded. With that, I walked out the door. The men grabbed my arms once again and marched off.

“You know, I’m going with you willingly, there’s no need for the gruffness and violence here guys.”

“Quiet, brat.” One of them spat.

“Excuse me?!”

“Leave it!” Ryan said in my head. “Babe, they WILL hurt you, don’t doubt it. They have no hearts, these guys. Just go with it silently.”

I groaned internally and clamped my jaw shut.

We came to another set of marble doors and entered. A long, thin dining table ran the length of the room, and a single black chandelier hang from the ceiling, the only source of light.

“Ah, darling, so glad you could join me.”

I scoffed. “Like you gave me a choice.” I sat down and crossed my arms.

He rang a bell, and servants marched in, carrying black metal trays.

“What’s from dinner?” I asked.

“Sea bass. They swim in the waters around here.”

“Great.” We ate in silence, with him staring at me and me staring at the fish on my plate as it quickly disappeared, afraid to look up at him. I finished the last bite and swallowed, finally looking up at him.

“Thank you, that was nice. I’m done so if it’s cool with you I’m going to go now. G’night.” I tried to stand from my chair, but two men pushed me back into from behind me. I hadn’t even noticed that they were there.

“Not so fast, my dear. We must discuss our wedding.”

“Wedding?!” I exploded. “When did that agreement take place??”

“As I said before, I do not need your consent in this. Now shut up and listen. We’re to be married in four days time, here in the throne room. Your friend Rynald will be permitted to attend if he behaves himself.”

“I see.” I said through gritted teeth. True, I was terrified of this man, but this was outrageous. Nobody was going to make me do something without my permission, abuse or no abuse!

“You may leave now, we shall speak again at breakfast.”

The men picked me up by my arms, lifting me out of the chair and down the hall.

“I do have feet, you know!!” They tossed me onto the bed, and slammed the door.

I couldn’t believe it. I wouldn’t be able to marry Ryan. I’d be forced to marry a monster, and be held captive here for the rest of my life, being beaten my disgusting husband….

“Come on hun, don’t think like that….” I heard his voice in my head. Part of my instantly calmed, but the rest of me stayed stressed. “I’m going to get us out of here, I promise. And I will NOT let that bastard marry you!!”

“I wish that were true, Ryan….But I don’t see how you can.” I gave way to the tears, and finally released them.

I felt Briana climb onto the bed next to me, stroking my hair and rubbing my back. That struck me: this abused, lonely child was comforting me. A complete stranger to her, and she was comforting me.

I raised my head and looked at her. She had tears spilling down her cheeks. I reached up and wiped them away, and pulled her close to me.

“How do we get out?” She whispered.

“I don’t know sweetie,” I replied. “But I’m going to find a way.”

***PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment! :D Thanks and thanks to the new fans and the old :)