Kohaku looked back at Senku and Senku walked towards them.

"It's true but we already caught and harmed one of them. It's better for him to be as far as possible from the forest."

"Let him go before they come searching for him. Do you have what it takes to protect the village" taiga rebuked in her soft tone. Seeking a way to get Hunter out.

Senku took a deep breath. "No." He confessed and it was hard to say it to the girl who betrayed him and kept contact with the enemy. But there was no reason to hide an obvious fact. "letting him go doesn't guarantee they won't be coming back for us, so we will keep him here"

Senku couldn't hold back but look away with a bitter glare, in his mind her words: 'He's not a monster! Don't kill him!' this man he had caught caused her to put herself in between her hands open like a feline mother protecting its kittens.

Taiga looked at the man and she thought of untying him right then there. In her bag there were clippers that Senku had to cut down even chains. Too bad wives know where the stuff are.

Taiga stayed where she was as Magma unlocked the chains and Hunter fell right into her shoulder. She went back with the weight and she felt a tight grip on her back.

She felt her stomach turn.

Hunter's eyes opened wide. Ready to go. A beast unleashed.

"MAGMA"

PLAT.

The man got punched into the ground and Hunter stood still like he had not received a single hit all day. It had been all an act.

Hunter grabbed her arm picking her up, she groaned in pain for he had grasp her bruise.

"WE ARE SURROUNDED!" Senku shouted and others came at the sound of Kohaku seeking help.

"What TOOK YOU SO LONG?!?!" Hunter shouted and that's when the whole village realized that his friends had already arrived.

Men with masks surrounded them. "Sorry bro, I should've guessed you've come here all alone" the red hair explained as he circled Hunter and slowly backed.

"Of course he'd come alone. He always does this! He's not patient enough!" The blond shouted making a guy fall to the ground by evading its spear jab.

Taiga pull back on her arm and the man pulled back and she felt herself be picked up and she gasped. Hunter walked back, his two arms around her legs as she dangle down. "Let go!" She screamed. She flailed and he shouted back at her. "Shut UP! Stop moving so goddamn much!"

Senku had backed away and then he realized what the man had in his shoulders and he took a few steps forward. "TAIGA!" He shouted and he clutched his fists. Watching them leave without a fight.

"They are leaving. He escaped!" Kohaku growled in frustration as she dropped her spear. The wooden shaft connecting with the ground.

Gen had his eyes wide open and he looked back at Senku. Gen had scowled when Taiga protected the man in such a manner for his Angel guarded a beast who had tortured him. There was a sort of resentment but even then he had a clear mind and he knew she could possibly be killed. That was important to him.

"They took her" Gen stated.

Senku shook his head. "No. She's part of them. She's more than fine. The ones we should be worry about is us. Tell the others to guard the village."

Gen hesitated but he followed his order for he was on Senku's side and on his face he held frustration. They couldn't do anything even if they wanted to. This was the time they hoped she was the enemy.