41 • G O

"Chicken fingers with fries and a side of Mac and cheese for the little one," I say setting the plate down in front of the little boy

"Thank you," he says with a smile on his face and my heart melts in awe.

I hand the rest of the plates to the family and turn around to walk away and take another person's order.

"Excuse me miss?" This old man says catching my attention and stopping in my tracks to then turn around.

"This is for your lovely hard work and nice manners," he says taking out a one hundred dollar bill and handing it over to me.

My eyes widen as I look at the old man, "I can't accept that" I say with a guilty look on my face

"I insist! It's been busy, you deserve it kid" he smiles and my eyes begin to water as I grab the bill from his hand and tuck it in my apron pocket,

"thank you so much" I sniffle and smile before walking away

I wipe the tears away and walk over to another table to start taking their order.

"Hi! Welcome to Nina'a Bakery, I'm Chanel and I'll be your waitress today" I say smiling and pulling out my notepad and pen, "what would you guys like to drink for today?"

"I'll have a green tea and my daughter will have your orange creamsicle milkshake"

"Of course, I'll be back" I smile and put the notepad and pen away.

"Enjoy the rest of your day miss, and remember everyone makes mistakes. We just have to learn how to forgive" the old man says before exiting the bakery.

Flashback, 2 weeks ago

"Boo!" Dean says grabbing my waist and kissing my neck scaring the living hell out of me

"Dean! You bitch!" I laugh and push him off

I walk back over to my suitcase as I follow him with my eyes. He sits at the edge of the bed next to my pillow looking over at me then throws his body back now laying on the bed staring at the ceiling. My eyes follow his movement slowly as I take them off and begin separating my whites, darks, and colors into three different piles.

"We need to talk," the both of us say at the same time and Dean smiles causing me to laugh

"Glad we had the same idea," Dean says looking over at me

2 weeks ago, 45 minutes later

"Mateo please!" I nearly beg as tears start to pool in my eyes.

"No! You listen!" he continues shouting and pointing to Dean, "we had a fucking deal! My sister was off-limits! You know that I reminded you of that! YOU FUCKING TOLD HER IN FRONT OF HER FACE YOU DIDN'T WANT HER!" Mateo shouts saying the last part a bit too loud.