30 • T E N S I O N

"You two build the tent meanwhile Mateo and Maddie help us inside the RV taking things open to expand it," Mom says walking back into the RV and I groan as I watch Mateo, Maddie, and Dad follow behind my mom

I turn around looking at Dean dropping the tent bag on the ground then pulling up my hand and flipping him off. I'm not necessarily mad at him, I'm more or so just annoyed at the fact that I now have to share a damn tent with him. Not only that be around bugs and be on this hard ass ground.

"You're mad over what now?" Dean questions chuckling at the fact that I just flipped him off

"I'm not mad"

"Yeah okay"

"I'm not fucking mad Dean"

"Yet you're being so defensive about it"

"Just shut up and help me build this stupid tent"

"On the bright side at least it's the bigger one and not some tiny ass tent." He says opening the bag and taking out the pieces.

We begin to grab the bigger pole and insert it in the tent slowly inserting it making sure it doesn't get stuck to the piece of fabric. Once we get the first pile through we grab the second big pole and do the same thing. Once the poles are on we begin to build the side of the tent.

"What the fuck" I question grabbing a smaller pole

"What?"

"Where the hell do we put this?" I question flipping around the pole trying to find the spot

Dean laughs and grabs the pole from me and puts it in the entrance of the tent revealing a small little spot where it's covered where rain wouldn't get through.

It was like a sunroom before you would enter the actual tent. The tent was a pretty army green with a khaki roof cover so we wouldn't get rained on.

After finishing setting up the tent we enter it putting our stuff down. I groan at the fact that we have zero comforts in here. Dean exits the tent and I look at him as he walks out. He walks into the RV closing the door behind me and I scoff.

Of course, he went inside, he was probably convincing my parents to let him sleep on the couch. Why didn't think of that? I groan and sit on the floor staring at my stuff. The tent door suddenly unzips and Dean enters it zipping the door right behind him.

He was holding up the couch pillows and a couple of blankets that were in the bedroom as well as some snacks and a little small mini fridge. Wait where the hell did he get a mini fridge?