40. The good news

"Then who do you want to scout?"

"Miss Yaoyorozu." Shota greets the girl, opening his classroom door for her. After we talked a little, I convinced him to allow me to offer the girl an intership with me. He texted said student, because for some reason he has his students' phone numbers, and asked her to come by. "Please, come in. We'd like to have a chat with you." Shota says, stepping aside for the girl to enter the classroom. I'm sitting on Shota's desk again.

"Oh, hello mrs Aizawa." The girl greets me, before taking a seat at the nearest desk. Shota closes the door behind him, before walking up to his desk. Unlike me, he leans against his desk instead of sitting on it. He does, however, allow himself to lean against me a little.

"First of all, I must admit that I'm impressed with your preformance during the tournament.  The way you used your quirk was creative. And I'm glad to see that you applied the tips and tricks I gave you during close combat training in your fight." Shota tells the girl, who bows as a thank you.

"Those tips and tricks were really helpful, sensei. Thank you." The girl says, causing Shota to smile at her a little. "Sadly, I didn't win. But I'll do my best next time!" She adds. I know Shota's proud of all his students, wether or not they won. It's not about winning and it never has. It's about knowing your limits and improving, learning from it all.
Shota places his hand on my knee and squeezes softly.

"It may not have granted you the final win." I say, causing her to look at me. And I smile at her, because I'm here with good news and good news only. "But it did grant you an internship. If you're interested that is, of course." I tell her and her eyes widen.
She doesn't say a thing for almost a minute, completely frozen in place. I even question if she was breathing at some point, but then I saw her taking a deep breath and knew she was good.

"R-really?" She asks me in utter disbelieve.

"Yes, really." I answer her, smiling at her. 

"We, Y/n and I, must add something, before you accept this intership." Shota says, causing the girl to look at him. I can see the excitement filling her eyes, but she hides it perfectly behind that perfect posture of hers. "This internship will be different form the ones the others will have. Y/n isn't a Pro Hero, so much hero experience she can't give you. She can, however, give you a lot of behind the scence information about the Hero Community." Shota explains, tightening the grib he has on my knee. There is something else he wants to say, but he can't quite say it out loud.

"I know, sensei." The girl says, surprising Shota. I chuckle.

"Told you she did research." I point out with a chuckle, causing Shota to roll his eyes at me. "But, he's right. This intership will be different than your fellow classmates will have, for multiple reasons." I explain to the girl and she nods, as if she's fully aware of that fact.

"Not to be rude, but may I know the reasons? Of course, you're not a Pro Hero, which is the reason you can't provide me with on location experience and that's totally understandable." The girl says, only proving to me how determind she really is for this internship. She doesn't let whatever we say get in her way and I admire that, because I was once that determind myself.

Shota and I look at each other and I nod, he can say it. It's fine, it doesn't have to be a secret. After all, once Mic knows, everyone'll know, wether or not we threaten Mic to keep his mouth shut.

"I want you to understand that the other reasons are personal, Yaoyorozu. So please, keep this between us three and don't tell your classmates." Shota says and the girl nods.

"Of course." She answers, really wanting to know the reasons. Shota looks at me again, clearly having a hard time formulating what the reasons are. So, because I'm a good wife, I do this part of the conversation for him.