25. The awaited moment

"Y/n?" I ask her in utter shock.

- Y/n Aizawa's point of view -

A faint beeping sound is disturbing the lovely silence that's trying to fill the room. All that beeping is annoying, but not as annoying as this weird feeling I'm currently having. It feels like my head is filled with clouds or cotton candy, something soft and fuzzy at least.

"If you can hear me, can you try and give me a sign?" A familliar voice asks me. It's a female voice, but it sounds so far away that I'm barely able to hear it. My head and body feels too fuzy to try and respond to the question. But the annoying beeping sound that was faint a moment go suddenly sounds a little louder. And therefore a little more annoying. "Shota is very worried about you. He has slept next to you every night, not wanting you to sleep alone." The familliar female voice says.

Shota... Shota! My husband's name is Shota! God, I  don't know what's going on or why I feel like a fucking cotton ball, but I would love to have my husband here right now. Maybe, if I try and respond again to what the female person is saying, she'll go and get my husband for me...
But I can't move, my body feels too fuzy for that. Yet I try anyways, because I want my husband. And maybe it's not much and maybe she didn't see it, but I felt that I managed to move my eyebrows a tiny bit. Hopefully it's enough.
The last thing I hear before falling a little more asleep again are some quick footsteps.

---

I somewhat wake up again, but not from a faint beeping sound this time. No, I hear people. I think they're talking, but I'm not sure. It's like my ears are filled with water, I can't hear clearly or very well. 

Then, I feel something against my forhead. It feels like a kiss and considering the slight scratch I feel, there is no doubt that this is my husband. He's here! The kiss was very gentle, before he goes to rest his forhead against mine very carefully. He's being so gentle with me and I don't understand why. But I also don't understand why I feel this fuzy or why my ears feel like they have water in them. 

"Wake up, please..." I'm barely able to hear it, but the sound is produced so close near me that I heard it none the less. It sounds like Shota, my husband. Trying my hardest to wake up, but my eyelids are too heavy for me to open them. My entire body feels tired as well and I notice that some spots are a little achy, but I don't want to think about that right now. I want my husband!

I can feel myself starting to drift back asleep again, but I really don't want to. I try to fight it and it almost has me, but then I feel a hand slide underneath mine. Like it has a couple of times before. And it makes me fight harder against this black whole of sleep or whatever this is. I need to make sure my husband knows I'm here, even though I don't know where I am myself.
Not knowing how else to do that, I focus all my attention towards my hand that's on top of his hand. It's hard and the black whole is about to swallow me again, but I don't quit. No, I fight.

"Y/n?" I hear my husband voice asks, surprise and shock filling his voice. Hearing his voice pushes the black whole away a little, which is good. I don't want to go back to sleep just yet. 

"Shota?" A female voice asks.

"S-she squeezed my finger..." My husband stutters, something he rarely does. "Y/n, can you really hear me?" He asks. And with all the strength I have, which isn't a lot, I try and do it again. The reaction I get from trying is a gasp, which probably means I did it. 

"She's waking up?" A voice asks, but I don't recognize it. My head is too fuzy to think right now. Another voice says something, but I can't hear them because my husband says something and I pay as much attention to his voice as I can. Because I know, even though I don't even know where I am, that where he is, I want to be.