20. The knock

"We can spend some time when I'm done checking on class 1B. I promise."

I knock on the door of the class 1B homeroom. Class 1A, and Shota of course, didn't like the fact that I had to go to their 'rivals'. But I don't have a choise and they just have to deal with it. It's not like I'm betraying them in some form.
The class 1B homeroom isn't that far away from the 1A homeroom, just a few classrooms inbetween. I didn't have any difficulty finding the 1B homeroom, since I've walked passed it a couple of times this week and since it's still in the same spot as it was when I attended UA.

"Come in." Vlad King calls out, not even knowing who's on the other side of the door. He sounds grumpy, maybe he isn't as different from my husband as they want to believe they are. I open the door, since I was instructed to 'come in' and reveil myself to the 1B class. "Ah, mrs Aizawa L/n. What can I do for you?" Vlad King asks me. I still have to get used to the entire mrs Aizawa L/n thing, honestly.

"Hello everyone." I greet everyone in the room, since everyone can see me and are looking straight at me. "I'm here on behalf of the HC. I'm instructed to have a portion about class 1B in my UA annual routine check-up report." I explain and Vlad King frowns. He knows this is unusual, but he doesn't say anything about it. "Do you mind if I join this homeroom to do that?" I ask him, not wanting to just intrude into his teaching time. Of course, as an HC employee, I can just do that, but knowing the way it can annoy the people involved or effected by it, I always like to ask.

"Of course, come right in. " Vlad King tells me. I close the door behind me and look around the room, not really knowing were I'm going to sit. There aren't any emply chairs or desks left and I don't think Vlad would appreciate it if I just drop myself in his chair. I decide to put my bag next to my feet and just lean against his desk.

"So, you are the real mrs Aizawa." A blond kid says in such a way that it has me frown. Vlad King just sighs. "I thought you'd be prettier in real life." The kid adds, making me frown even more. He looks familiar, but I can't remember from where.

"Excuse me?" I ask him.

"You're excused... And ugly." The kid says, some of his classmates chuckle. And Vlad King is just standing there, not doing a single thing. Knowing the job he has, he's tired. But come on, a little back up would be nice.

"What's your name, kid?" I ask him, looking straight at him. And of course, he stays silent. "Aw, lost your tongue? You had such a big mouth a moment ago and now you're too scared to give me your name. That's sad." I say, almost daring the boy to give me his name. The corner of Vlad's lips curl up a little, not nearly in the same way Shota's does, but quite similar. Vlad is enjoying this.

"The name is Neito Monoma." The boy says and I just nod. This time, the boy frowns.

"So you're the boy with the copy quirk. Impressive quirk, I must say." I say, leaning a little more back against Vlad's desk. The entire class is looking at me, wanting to know what I've heard about the boy. The boy rolls with his eyes, trying to act cool and laid back, but I can see the nervousness crashing over him. "I bet you could get in class 1A easily, considering your quirk and the controll you have over it. What's holding you back, kiddo?" I ask him, pushing some sort of nerve. He looks at me with big eyes, but doesn't say a thing.

Vlad King turns around and looks at me. He nods very slightly, the students probably didn't even see it, but I did. It's almost as if he's telling me I'm doing something good, it's very weird.

"It's not fun when people say mean things about you, is it?" I ask the boy, who is looking angerly out of the window. Taking a deep breath, I continue to speak. "Listen, I'm not here to make fun of you all. I'm here for work and work only. And yes, it just so happens that I'm mr Aizawa's wife, but that doesn't give you an excuse to say something to me that can hurt my feelings." I explain, making the boy look at me.