14. The news

"And that's my cue to leave. Bye little listeners!" 

The entire class is silent, waiting for my husband to speak again.
And he does, slowly and very calmly.

"Simply assuming you all have seen the news yesterday or this morning, you know there is a picture of Y/n and I infront of the HC Office." My husband says, having everyone's attention. Most students are nodding, having seen or heard the news themselves. "First of all, I want to apologize for my behavior. I'll explain the circumstances in a minute, but that shouldn't have been a reason for me to flip off the paparazi. That was very unprofessional of me." He states, which surprised me.

The students are just looking at my husband, some are at times looking at me, all in silence. They are all taking this seriously, except the Bakugo kid.
My husband takes another deep breath, but one of his students speaks before he can.

"Is mrs L/n your wife?" One of the girls asks, which has everyone rilled up.

"Of course not!" One of the boys yells.

"Mr Aizawa isn't married!" Another boy points out.

"It's mrs L/n, not mrs Aizawa!" One of the girls says.

"Silent, please." My husband says, but his tone of voice is filled with worry. It has everyone silent, probably faster than if I'd used my quirk. Impressive. "I'm going to explain something very personal to you all. I want you all to understand the reasons why we decided to do it this way. But please stay silent and raise your hand if you have questions."  Shota says and all the students raise their hands at the same time.

I can just feel that my husband is having a difficult time trying to formulate what to say to his students, he always has when it came to personal matters. It took me years to break into that cycle and it's still a difficulty from time to time. I have to help him.

I stand up, carefully not to get nauseous again. That water he gave me with those nausea killer really is great stuff. I want to know what he put in it. I walk around the desk, my heels disturbing the silence, and I stand still next to my husband. He looks at me from the corner of his eyes and I can see that he's thankful I'm here with him.
Turning my attention to the students, I take a deep breath and speak up.

"Shota and I are indeed married. But please let me explain, before you all go and ask questions." I say and to my surprise, the class stays silent. He really drilled these kids into listening to everyone. Can't he do that with the cat too? The students' eyes are filled with confusion and excitement. Unconciously, I start to fidget with my weddingring. "The reason very little people know about our marriage is because of our jobs. If you think about it, if I were to do my job with my married name, it would raise confusion and suspicious. Being the head of the Department of Hero Lisences and the wife of a Pro Hero and teacher, it doesn't mix well in most people's eyes." I explain and the students are nodding, understanding what I'm saying.

In the corner of my eyes, I can see that Mic, Midnight and Nezu are eavesdropping on us. They are leaning against the classroom door, their ears against the glass. Maybe they forgot the doors have glass, I can fucking see them. But I don't care. I do however care about my husband and his career, meaning I care about these kids in a way.

"Our marriage is also the reason I have never done the annual routine check-ups at UA High before. We didn't want to risk having our jobs interfere with one another. We signed a contract and it went well for many years." I say and I feel Shota's hand on my back. He looks at me with this look that asks me if I'm sure I want to share the situation, and I nod. I do want to tell them. "This year, however, my boss wanted me to make an example report for the upcoming years. Meaning I would have to walk around UA High and interfere with Shota's job. I didn't want to at first, but after some altercations with my boss, I took on the project. And that's why I'm here." I explain to them and they are kinda surprised at the circumstances of this all.