2. The project

"If I were to take this project, what would be in it for me?"

I should've never asked that stupid question, but I guess you learn best from your own mistakes. For some reason, my boss managed to convince me to take this project upon myself, as if I didn't have enough work on my desk already.
Just like he promised, he found a way out of our contract within five minutes. Meaning that document is useless now. But that was just a part of trying to convince me. The real convincing happend when this man offered me something no women on earth could ever refuse. 

So here I am, getting myself ready to get to work. It's been a while since I did one of these annual routine check-ups. They may sound like a big deal, and for smaller agencies they are, but they really aren't that big of a deal. If we suspected something shady going on at any point in time, we would've already closed that place. This annual routine check-up is just out of policy, we have to do them in order to operate. It's a formality, really, that's what I'm trying to say.

While packing my bag for work, I text my husband the worst text you can send your man as a woman or partner. And it's not because I wanted him to feel bad, I just wanted to warn him that shit is about to go down. Because even though my boss offered me wonderful things, (and threatend with other things), I'm still not entirely happy with this entire situation.

You:  We need to talk.

Shota: * Seen *

That's all I send him, before getting back to packing my bag. I know, it's really bad, but this entire situation is bad. My bitch ass boss not only promise me beautiful things if I were to take this project, but also promised me not such beautiful things if I weren't to take this project. 
And I know that this man is easy to take down, I have countless ways to get this man on his knees to beg me for mercy and peace, but I haven't had enough coffee yet. Besides, I'm a woman in a male dominted field. What did I expect? Roses and velvet pillows? I'm not scared of my boss, but I know he means most of his words.

Yet again, there is a knock on my door. I roll with my eyes and let out a sigh.

"What? I'm busy." I call out, not really wanting to be bothered right now. I need all my things in order to make the best possible report for this annual routine check-up, because ain't no way I'm putting myself through this again next year.
My office door opens none the less, which I expect because why would you leave someone alone when they're busy? I don't look who it is, not really caring. There is a silence for a moment.

"Ehm, mrs L/n..." A somewhat higher pitched male voice says, making me look up from my bag. It's one of the many interns running around here, I think his name is Kay or something like that, maybe with an I, like Kai, but I'm not sure. Not that he should be here, though. I don't take interns, I have too much work to also be bothered with interns. "I brought you coffee. Black, as you like." He quickly says, seeing me looking at him. He speed walks to my desk and puts the coffee on my desk. I'm surprised, the last intern who did this ended up spilling said coffee on my end of year reports. Rest in peace Micheal, because I haven't seen him around ever since. No, I did not kill him, he got fired.

"Thank you." I say, before taking a big gulp of the coffee. The taste of this black goodness fills me with so much delight, it's unbelievable. But Kay/Kai doesn't leave my office, meaning there is something else he wants to say. And that can't be good.

"The boss told me to give you a cup of coffee, before telling you that the UA High annual routine check-up report is due at the end of this month..." Kay/Kai says, making my eyes widen. I look at him, coffee still in my hand, and he takes a step away from me. Yeah, he better run.
But I take a deep breath, in through the nose while smelling coffee, and out through the mouth, pushing out all the bad air that is corrupting my mind. I look back at the intern.