39. The spotlight

Alright, here we go.

"Hello, everyone!" I speak into the microphone, hearing my voice echoe through the air. It causes the students to cheer and shout even harder.  Seeing them all like this, it confirms that this was the right thing to do; to be here, scouting today. 
The amount of noise that those kids are creating is insane and I just know that if I speak again, no one'll hear me. So, I lift up my hand, not activating my quirk, but just to grab everyone's attention. And to my surprise, everyone goes silent.

"As most of us know, this lovely lady doesn't need an introduction. But for the people that have been living underneath a rock, let me introduce her to you all." Mic's voice breaks the silence, happiless fills his voice. He didn't know that I woudl be here today. "This is the one and only Y/n Aizawa L/n!" He says, causing everyone to cheer again. I smile and bow, thankful to be here.

"Thank you for the introduction, Mic." I say, speaking in the microphone again. The students go silent again, wanting to hear every word I have to say. "It's my pleasure to be here today. Having met some of you before, I just know that today will be a day filled with entertainment and great potential." I say and everyone loses it. Everyone starts to applaude, scream and cheer all over again and I can't help but laugh at it. 

Without thinking about it, I look at the little window, looking straight into Shota's loving black eyes. He's looking at me from where Mic and he are directing the music. I smile at him and of course, he smiles back at me.

"But," I say, causing everyone to go silent again. "I have three announcements to make before we start this year's UA tournament." I tell everyone, which confuses the Pro Heroes behind me as well. "First of all, the reason I'm here today has already been spoiled. Because yes, you heard that right, I will be scouting this year." All students gasp.

I'm not the first HC employee that scouts during the UA tournament, but then again, I'm not just an HC employee.  Allowing the students to calm down a little, I look around them all. Rather sooner than later, my eyes catch the girl that convinced me that scouting this year would be a good idea. Miss Momo Yaoyorozu, her ponytail high on the top of her head, is look straight at me with big black eyes. And all I can do is smile at her.

"My second announcement is a little more impactful, if you will." I say, wanting everyone to pay attention this time. And they do, both the students and the Pro Heroes. I look for one last time at the little window, seeing my husband nod at me with a smile on his face. "As you all know, the HC has been rather silent after the attack on UA High a few weeks ago. And that's for a good reason, because the HC didn't have a boss anymore. There was a lot to figure out, having to reconstruct the way the HC works and more boring stuff like that. But I'm glad to inform you all that the HC has found a new boss." I tell them, hearing the Pro Heroes behind me gasping. 

I take a deep breath, causing a dramatic pause to fill the air.

"The new boss of the HC has been in their roll for a week or so now, keeping it top secret from everyone outside of the HC. But I'm here to tell you that the new boss is here today." I tell them and everyone starts to get rowdy again. And I allow them to question what's happening, because it's just fun to watch everyone trying to figure it out.

It takes a moment for everyone to figure out.
A loud gasps behind me breaks the rowdiness.

"You're the new boss?!" Endeavor and a few others screams in utter disbelieve. The students' eyes widen in realisation of what the number one Pro Hero just said. And I just smile and bow deeply for everyone.

"Allow me to have the honor of introducing you all to the new HC boss." Mic's voice echoes, being louder than everyone else's voice. "Mrs Y/n Aizawa L/n, previous head of the Department of Hero Lisences, is now the boss of the Hero Commission!" He says and that's when everyone loses it. Pro Heroes, students, new reporters and paparazi people, everyone is cheering, screaming, applauding and more.