“Are you ignoring me? Oh my god, you’re actually serious abo-okay, even if we did get a new bed, we’d have to buy a new bed frame, so we should just turn up the air conditioning since we’re going to be burning money anyway,” Dream argued, dejectedly chewing on his crust.

Burning money? It was like he was insinuating his issue wasn’t valid. So that’s how it was. George could feel the irritation well up in his throat, prickling him, itching him to argue back. He bit back his tongue.

No. He would wrangle a new bed out of him without even so much as a whisper. He was employing a new, different kind of tactic that Dream would surrender to.

Dream looked at him expectantly, chin resting on the palm of his hand, waiting. Nothing came.

George stood up, finished with his breakfast, and headed to the sink. He noted the way his chin slid out of his hand, eyes widened and jaw slack when his usual snappy boyfriend would’ve barked back. George felt a little bounce in his steps, lips curved.

Turning the faucet on, he grabbed a sponge and started scrubbing until he heard footsteps behind him getting louder and louder. An outstretched hand behind him turned off the faucet. His stomach clenched in shock when felt long arms snake around his waist, a chin resting on top of him.

“Geooorge,” Dream drawled out, a low murmur right into his ear. George felt his voice prickle him, blood boiling his ears.  The blonde proceeded to nuzzle his chin in the brunette’s hair. Then, George was pulled closer, his back flush against his chest. Now the blood was boiling all over him. “Are you giving me the silent treatment?” Dream husked out, feeling his cheek resting on top of him. Dream always held him like a girl holding her favorite doll, careful and loving. George couldn’t find any words in him. His touch always rendered him mute.

The silence was as good of an answer as any.

“Don’t be like this Georgie. Now I’m already missing you,” he said, voiced pitched low and out of breath. He felt the grip on him tighten.

That was impossible. He was literally right in front of him, being hugged by him.

“I miss your voice you idiot,” Dream said as if he read his mind.

Then let’s buy a bigger bed, you idiot George thought, in case he could.

“Fine,” Dream replied. Holy crap his boyfriend could actually read minds. How much could they profit from this? Maybe now they could turn up the air conditioning! “You’re gonna have to talk to me eventually,” he continued. Oh. This false revelation was more disappointing than Dream’s breakfast.

Dream still embraced him for a few seconds, until George could feel him bending down to kiss him on the forehead.

George headbutted his chin.

He’d receive the silent treatment and no kisses. He would just avoid him entirely.

-/-

“You know you can’t avoid me when we go to sleep, right?” Dream piped up, lounging on the sofa in front of the television, George sitting cross-legged on the ground, two meters away from him.

George had been sitting on the sofa first, until Dream plopped on top of him, whining and embracing him like an octopus, his limbs longer than most, and with a freakishly strong suction grip.

“Geooorge! Just talk to me already!” Dream exclaimed, strangling him to death with cuddles. George managed to wrangle out of his hold, driven out of his second throne to sit on the floor like a peasant.

He was right though. George wouldn’t be able to avoid him in the bedroom, having to sleep right next to him. He had to sleep somewhere else, and he wasn’t going to sleep on the couch. Their couch had lumps, and he couldn’t stretch his legs out properly. The last time he fell asleep there, he woke up with sores all over. He eyed the couch with distaste, noting how Dream’s posture seemed to straighten, drawing a tentative smile when George was vaguely looking in his direction. He looked away, internally scoffing.