Chapter 32: Mirrors

You and Noriaki arrived back at the hotel room just after Jotaro had finished with his shower. His hat sat on the bedside table as he rested, smoking a cigarette. You coughed as you entered the room.

"Could you take that outside, please?" You asked Jojo. He looked at you in confusion for a moment before his eyes widened, and he quickly grasped the cigarette between his fingers.

"Oh," He said, tapping the stick out in the ash tray. "Sorry."

You smiled gratefully. Hastily, you offered to take the next shower, and Noriaki chuckled.

"Go ahead, Y/n," He grinned. You felt your cheeks flush, so you quickly spun around and entered the bathroom. You didn't know you could be so happy about warm water. As you were in the shower, Joseph stopped by to drop off the things he got from the market, then headed up to his hotel room.

When you stepped out of the bathroom, Noriaki and Jotaro both avoided eye contact with you as you entered the small space. You glared at them questioningly. Noriaki flushed red at the glimpses he did catch of you, though.

"Something wrong, guys?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Uh- um, Joestar-san went to the market and got some things," Noriaki explained, but he was avoiding something in particular. Jotaro just pointed to the small bench in the room. You almost burst into laughter.

What sat on the bench was a box of tampons. Both Noriaki and Jojo were doing a very bad job at pretending it didn't exist.

"Aww, are yall afraid of a little blood?" You mocked.

"Not necessarily," Jotaro murmured. "I'm afraid of what it comes from." Noriaki groaned from the other bed.

Your jaw dropped slack at that. You didn't expect that response. Were you really that intimidating? Nori looked as if he wanted to die. Your loose jaw tightened again, and you grinned.

"You calling me scary, Jojo?" You chuckled and snatched the box up. You hurried into the bathroom. "Don't worry about it, my period doesn't affect me as much as it does other girls. The most I'll have is cramps."

Jotaro simply grunted, then rolled over in bed. Noriaki continued being red before and after you made it out of the bathroom. He made his way to the shower as you walked over to the bed he was just sitting on. You looked over at Jojo. He was out like a light. You had only been in there a couple of minutes, but he was tired, you understood. You sat on the edge of the bed you guessed you and Noriaki were to share. Your face burned at the thought, and your stomach was filling with butterflies.

"I can- I can sleep on the floor," Noriaki stammered as he exited the bathroom. His hair was uncombed, and the loose pieces curled even as they were damp. His pajamas were a tight tank top, showing off his flawless physique, and some loose, black sweats. He usually wore a white and blue-striped shirt and pants, but it was too hot where you were staying, as the hotel didn't have air conditioning. You felt your face grow red. He was gorgeous. As he walked over to the bed to grab a few pillows, you caught his arm before he could grasp one.

"Wait a minute, Nori," You asked. Your heart fluttered, looking into his bright purple eyes longingly. "Just- I want to talk."

"Um, okay," He muttered as he sat back down across from you. You looked at one another for a moment, then opened your mouth to speak.

"Noriaki," You reached over to his hand and gripped it. Before you could continue, Nori began to talk.

"I like you, Y/n. A lot. I like your courageousness. How you care for Jojo, Polnareff, Avdol, Joseph. For me." Your eyes went wide, and you thought your heart would leave your ribs. In the dim light of the room, you thought his face was turning as red as his hair. He reached up to your face and cupped your cheek with his calloused hand. "I swear, you're going to get yourself killed one day doing that.