Chapter 28: Yellow Temperance (con.)

Jotaro drew in a sharp breath at the heat of your stand. You grimaced at his pain, but silently brought your hand closer.

You cried out when the yellow substance burst out from the small spot on his pinky. The stand spread out over Jotaro's hand even farther, eating away at his flesh. Bits of it latched onto your hand, and you felt it burn and sting.

"Damn." Jojo mumbled, examining his stinging hand.

"Damn is right!" You shook your hand in pain. "This burns!"

"Maybe we can freeze it off." He pointed to another on-coming cable car with a child inside. The child held a popsicle in his hand, absent-mindedly licking it as he stared at the both of you in awe. You felt conflicted about stealing a kid's popsicle, but you wanted this thing off of you.

"Alright." You groaned. "Let's go."

You leaped across the gap between the cable car and the pillar with the help of White Angel. You roughly hit the side of the car, smacking your face on the window. You cursed and rubbed your cheek. Jotaro joined you on the other side and ripped out the car door with Star Platinum.

"Pardon the intrusion." Jotaro said hurriedly as he entered the cable car. A small dog barked loudly in the corner.

"My, my. That's certainly a bizarre entrance." A stubby lady sitting in the car commented.

"Don't mind us." You smiled. Her reaction to two random people ripping the door off of her cable car was a bit odd, but she seemed nice enough.

"Hey there, kid." Jotaro kneeled down in front of the small boy. "I'm gonna need to borrow your popsicle for a sec." He gently took it from his hands.

The boy began to whimper and tears welled up in his eyes.

"Sorry, kid. When we get to the bottom, I'll buy you a new one, okay?"

"'Kay." The boy said softly, nodding his head.

"Excuse me, kids." The stubby lady said sharply. "What do you think you're doing with that child?"

"This your kid?" You asked.

"No, he's not, but-"

"Then shut up and enjoy the ride." Jojo deadpanned. She shut her mouth angrily.

Jotaro quickly brought the popsicle closer to both of your hands, almost touching the stand. A sharp wave of pain coursed through your arm, and you gasped. Jotaro clamped his teeth shut to stifle a grunt.

The yellow substance had created spikes, burrowing deeper into your hand. The blood that left your injuries was hastily consumed by the stand.

"Come now! Nothing will work, not even fire and ice!" The annoying lady chuckled. "I told you before, didn't I? You won't find a single weakness!"

The dog that was barking earlier was now silent, as it was enveloped in the lady's legs.

"You're mine, you little shit!" The woman cried.

"Yellow Temperance." You seethed. You released your stand.

"Papa! The puppy! It got our puppy!" The small boy shook his father awake.

"Bastard! You were waiting for us in this cable car, weren't you?" Jotaro growled.

"M-My precious Pocky!" The father exclaimed, pulling on the leash around the dog's neck.

"Watch out! Don't pull him!" You reached out to the leash. "Let go!"

It was too late. You changed direction to instead cover the boy's eyes.