Chapter 16: Dark Blue Moon

"Jotaro! Y/n!" Joseph yelled from the ship. "Below you! Something's coming after you from underwater! It's not a shark!"

You peered over your shoulder. The shark Jojo had killed was now ripped in half by whatever was after you. It sat still between the two parts. Blood floated in the water. It had fins on its back and looked strangely humanoid. It launched towards you.

"Shit!" You cried. Your legs kicked harder, and your arms cupped the water hastily in front of you, pulling you forward.

"Hurry! Swim to the boat!" Joseph exclaimed.

"What do you think we're- doing?" You replied between gasps of air.

Jojo, despite his build and the fact he was swimming with one hand, was slightly ahead of you. You could almost feel the current of the water being moved behind you. A chill went up your spine, and the fatigue that had been growing in your limbs disappeared.

All you had to do was get to the ship. And it would be over. You would get on the boat, and you would be safe. You finally approached the side of the ship. The problem was, how would you get on it?

The water under your feet moved. You looked down and saw a dark shadow. Goosebumps crept their way up your arms, and your hair stood on end. The blood drained from your face. You yelled to the first person in mind.

"Kakyoin!" You cried, reaching your hand to the red head near the railing. You didn't know why he was the first person you called to, but calling for him was your first impulse. A hardness set on his face. He clamped his jaw together. He looked absolutely pissed.

Something green snaked around your wrist and waist. It yanked you out of the water with sudden, dizzying force. You spotted Jotaro beside you, also being pulled by Heirophant Green.

You landed hard on the deck, rolling to soften the blow. It didn't help much. You heard Jotaro hit the deck with a rough thud.

"Ngh..." You groaned, lying on your back. You reached your arm over to your shoulder, the one you had landed on. You winced. "That hurt like hell."

"Y/n!" A panicked voice piped up from beside you. Kakyoin knelt down next to you, the red hair tendril falling in his face. He helped sit you up. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean for it to hurt."

"Agh... It's alright, Cherry." You laughed. "Just a little bruised."

He knitted his eyebrows together. You placed a hand on his shoulder, assuring him you would be fine.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n." He said again. He put his hand on yours and sighed. You squeezed his shoulder softly.

"Ugh..." Jotaro grunted behind you. He muttered under his breath. "That hurt a lot worse than I thought it would."

"I heard that." You whispered loudly. He turned to glare at you, but you just smiled. Kakyoin stifled his laughter behind you. Jojo rolled his eyes and got to his feet. Kakyoin grabbed your hand and gently pulled you to yours. You graciously pulled him into a hug. "Thank you, Cherry."

You felt him stiffen, but he wrapped his arms around you nonetheless. His arms were around your upper torso, and he rested his head on yours. Jotaro smirked at his friends from under his hat. The girl squirmed in his arms, and his attention was turned back on her.

"It- It just disappeared!" Polnareff cried. "It's a stand! That thing was a stand."

"An aquatic stand," Avdol pondered. "In all my dealings with the occult, I've never heard of such a thing!"
_________________________________________

"Geez, what's wrong with you jerks? Quit staring at me like that!" The girl hissed. She reached into her pocket, pulling out a switchblade.

She managed to escape Jojo's grasp and scrambled to the other side of the deck. The crusaders stood in a huddle on the opposite side, debating if this little girl was the stand user.