Chapter 24: Rest

When the group got to the check-in desk, the lady apologized for the hotel being a bit overbooked, saying that the rooms would be on different floors. You were all fine with it. Everyone just wanted some rest.

"Jojo and I will room together." Noriaki said. "We are both students, after all."

"Nori." You smiled. "I'm a student, too."

"W-Well, yes. But you're..." He gestured to you.

"That doesn't make me any less of a student, Nori."

"It definitely doesn't make you any more likable." Jojo mumbled playfully.

"What did you say, dickhead?" You replied, grinning. Jotaro looked at you.

"You heard me." He smirked.

You scoffed, and Noriaki chuckled.

"Avdol and I will room together." Joseph announced.

"I'll room with Y/n!" Anne exclaimed quickly. "I'm not rooming with Frenchie over here!"

"Eh?" Polnareff cried. Anne stuck her tongue out.

"We'll take four rooms then." Joseph sighed.

"Okay." The woman smiled, handing the group their keys.

"Fine. I can relax more in my own room anyway." Polnareff boasted. "I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight!" He began to walk to the stairs near the back of the hotel. He stopped and turned his head over his shoulder. "Let's go! We've been through all kinds of hell ever since we left Hong Kong. We need to clean up and sleep in a place where it's actually safe."

Jojo smirked and made his way over to him. You shut your eyes and sighed happily, thinking about a warm, safe shower. Noriaki smiled when he saw your face, taking in the way the edges of your lips curled up, and how your tired eyes closed, faint purple bags resting under them. He felt his stomach flutter. Placing a hand on your shoulder, he smiled at you.

"Ready to take a nap?" He teased.

"Hell yeah. I need sleep." You groaned. You sniffed your shirt. "And a shower. I smell awful."

"I don't think it's that bad."

"That's because we all smell bad, Nori."

"Noriaki." Jojo grunted as he walked up to you. "C'mon. Stop flirting with Y/n. I need a shower."

You both turned bright red.

"What no-"

"That's not what-"

"I'm not-"

"He's not-"

"Flirting!"

You both stumbled over one another, making Jotaro mumble under his breath, but you finished together on the last word. Your face was still hot as you gripped Anne's hand tightly and hurried to catch up with Polnareff.

Noriaki watched you leave, face still as red as a cherry. He pinched his nose in frustration. You all headed off to your respective rooms, and he watched you get off on the second floor as they continued up the stairs. You glanced back at him every so often, admiring his tired smile and bright purple eyes. Such a rare eye color, and on the most wonderful person.

As soon as Jotaro and Noriaki entered their room, the red-haired boy slumped on the bed and groaned.

"I swear, Jojo, you're gonna drive me insane." He said.

"Planning on it." Jotaro confirmed, laying down on his bed and lighting a cigarette.

"You could at least help a bit."

"Was I not?" He smiled.

"Not really, no." Noriaki's voice wavered.

Jojo looked over to Noriaki. His arms laid over his eyes, and his lip quivered.

"I- Sorry, man. I didn't-" Jotaro began, eyes widening.

"No. No, it's not that." Noriaki whispered. "It's just," He pulled himself to a sitting position, tears welling up in his eyes. "My parents don't know I'm here. I've never been away from them this long. I went missing over three months ago in Egypt. I never even stopped in Japan to say I was okay or anything. Then I met Y/n, and she's... amazing, to say the least. The prettiest girl I've ever seen. And I can't tell her I like her cause I'm too much of a coward. And your mother. God. Your mother."

Jojo took a long drag of his cigarette.

"It's okay to be scared, Nori." He muttered. "Hell, i'm terrified."

Noriaki glanced at him. His lips were a thin line, and he grasped the cigarette tightly between his thumb and pointer finger.

"Damn." Noriaki wiped his eyes. "We're both a mess, aren't we?"

"Damn right." Jojo grumbled before tapping out his cigarette in the ash tray and pulling his hat off, a black curl falling into his face.

"So," Noriaki chuckled dryly. "Who's showering first?"
________________________________________

"You like Kakyoin-san, don't you, Y/n?" Anne mused as you closed the door to your room behind you.

You felt your face get warm immediately, and you cursed yourself.

"Barely in the room and you're already asking questions." You chuckled. ignoring your burning face and dropping yourself onto a bed. "What makes you say that?"

"You literally turn red every time he speaks." She sat on the bed with you, looking at you. "So, do you?"

"I-" You started, looking into Anne's big, round eyes. She began smiling slowly. You sighed. "Yeah. Yeah, I do."

"I knew it!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air. She hunched over a little and added, "I think he likes you, too."

You laughed. He didn't like you. Couldn't. No one did. You didn't even have any friends at school, for god's sake. Well, that wasn't true. You had Jojo and Noriaki now. But would they have been friends with you if this had never happened?

"I doubt that." You smiled sadly. "I'm definitely not the prettiest girl he's ever seen."

"He's not very subtle about it, Y/n."

"Anne, honey, you ain't either."

Her eyes widened as she jumped in shock. Her face slowly grew red.

"Don't think I don't see how you look at Jojo." You smirked.

"I-I'm gonna take a shower!" Anne cried, hopping off of the bed and stomping off to the small room, her head held high and arms crossed.

"You do that."

As soon as you heard the water hit the floor of the shower, you felt something warm burn your eyes and slip down your cheeks. You wiped your face, bringing your hand down to look at the glistening tears smeared on it.

"Guess all the stress caught up to me." You whispered.

You closed your eyes and leaned back against the headboard of the bed. You pressed your fingers into your eyes to stop the burning.

'Naptime.' You thought, chuckling to yourself.

'Yes. Definitely naptime.'
________________________________________

A/N:

Sorry guys! I know it's been a couple of days, and this chapter isn't much. I promise to make the next one more exciting lol. I've been really busy with band and work at home after school that I haven't had much time to write. I had Pep Band after school on Friday, and I passed out literally as soon as I got home. Yesterday, we were running around town for pretty much the whole day, and I just lost motivation, which isn't really an excuse, but thanks for bearing with me, guys. Hope you enjoyed it! ❤️