"Our prosecutors have a rather unsightly habit of having a ninety nine percent prosecution rate success, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean." Akechi sounded a bit tilted. "Which includes fabricating evidence. You don't have a chance." He sighed. "Amamiya-kun being wrongfully accused doesn't surprise me in the slightest."

"Yeah," you sighed. "I wonder who accused him."

"I looked into that, actually," said Akechi. "It's been so cleanly swept under the rug, even I couldn't find anything. Juvenile records are hard to find to begin with. The person pressing charges is anonymous."

"That's suspicious," you said.

"I had nothing to do with that," said Akechi. "I don't handle mediocre cases, and I especially don't waste my time on fabrications of that level."

"So you're saying it has something to do with Shido?" You pried.

"I have no idea." He exhaled. "Oh god…if they found out how much you knew…"

"I'm sorry," you said. 

"No, it's my fault for not…" He grimaced.

"What, hiding it better from me? Seriously?" You groaned. "Goro, we can't have a relationship unless we trust each other. You…want that, right?" You asked the question, trying to alleviate the anxiety you constantly had.

"I want you to be safe ," said Akechi.

"Goro, don't deflect," you sighed.

Akechi fell silent and focused on eating. You felt ignored and hurt, but this was just standard for him by this point. He was completely inept at talking about his feelings. You knew why, but it was straining your feelings, especially because of everything going on. 

"Goro, have you thought about therapy?"

Akechi almost choked on his coffee. "Isn't therapy for people with problems?" He said, looking annoyed.

Your brows furrowed. "It's good for everyone. And I think it's especially good for people who have experienced a lot of trauma."

"I haven't–"

"Goro, stop deflecting," you sighed. "I already know. I know…how bad it was for you. It probably was even worse than what I saw."

"What am I supposed to do? Walk into a therapist's office and tell him I've been forced by the most popular politician to murder people for two years?" Akechi looked exasperated, then stole your half-eaten food and started eating it.

"You could talk about your mom…" you said quietly.

"I don't want to talk about my mother!" Akechi snapped.

You got up and silently cleared your place. You were trying to not cry from the emotional weight in your chest. Maybe you had pushed him too much, or he was being a defensive, annoying pissbaby again.

Without saying a word, you went to try and start on some chores. You wanted to get some laundry done, so you started on changing the sheets on your bed. Despite trying to keep your hands busy, you were depressed and upset from that conversation. Akechi snapping at you was fine, but when he completely ignored you when it was obvious you needed assurance hurt you.

Oh god, nothing is normal about this relationship.

You heard Akechi starting to wash the dishes. You tried to focus more on the laundry while he was doing it. You then carried your hamper, his, and the sheets out into the living room. You felt Akechi's eyes watch you silently from the kitchen as you walked past.

"Y/N, I'll help you carry that," Akechi said.

"No, I'm fine," you said quickly.

"You're going to take two trips?" Akechi asked. He dried his hands on a towel and approached you.