Part Two - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"I don't want anyone else," I retorted quickly realizing that what I said meant that I still want Ayleen, so I attempted to correct myself. "Anyone, I don't want anyone".

"I am your mother Clara, you can't fool me," she smiled warmly. "You are stuck in your past, you are unable to move on and can't find the courage to go find her and confront her, you are destroying your life."

I took a deep breath and laid back down, covering my face with my forearm I knew she was right, but how could I do that? I was unable to forget her, and I am unable to confront her, what was I gonna say? If I stood in front of her and told her everything that happened and she didn't believe me, I would crumble all over again, Kat robbed me of a lot of things that day, I never felt so used and played, I wanted her comfort but instead, she turned her back on me, not even giving me a chance to defend myself.

I couldn't really blame her, after what Ayleen did to me, I started remembering everything I did to other women, was this the pain I caused them? I deserved to feel like this.. I do not deserve Ayleen and I am going to live my life with that guilt, with that pain, because I deserve nothing less.. it is my fault.

She was better off without me, she graduated, opened up her own music production studio and 2 years ago, her business started growing. The only time I saw her was on the cover of several music magazines with famous singers and artists, she was doing so well for herself, she even came out last year, something I never imagined she would be brave enough to do, but it only proved that she grew to be a strong woman. I wondered what was she like now. Does she still smell the same? Taste the same... my beautiful sweet angel..

Luckily for me, I never read an article about her love interests, was she still missing me? Or did she leave that part of her life private? Who am I kidding, of course she wasn't missing me, if anything, her hate for me probably only grew once her love disappeared.

As for Katherine? I never spoke up about what she did to me, our paths crossed so many times in court, and she always avoided my hateful eyes, even when I stood in front of her in court, her eyes never met mine. About the case with Ricardo it was dismissed when they found the witness dead in his own secured cell, it was ruled as suicide but we all knew it was probably a corrupted guard.

I wiped the tears that escaped my eyes as I started sobbing softly, I felt my mother pull me in a hug.. a typical way of spending every weekend, running home to break down, then going back to work and pretending to be okay.

I fell asleep sobbing in my mother's arms, knowing that when the next day comes,  I will have to do it all over again. When I walked into my office I grabbed a cup of coffee with my sunglasses still on my nose. I didn't dare to show my puffy eyes, walking by my secretary, I stopped to greet her, something I never cared about doing before but ever since she saved my life, I tried to be nicer.

"Good morning Sofia," I nodded politely and handed her a cup of coffee, her eyes snapped between the cup and my eyes, hesitantly she accepted and looked at it for a second before she looked back at me confused.

"You want me to put it on your desk, Miss Alcaraz?" she asked hesitantly.

"Oh no, I had mine in the car, I got this for you as a thank you for finishing the reports on the weekend, I appreciate your hard work." I tried to force myself to smile but I am sure I did a bad job.

"Oh.." I could tell she was trying to think of what to say.

"Just a simple thank you would be alright," I chuckled trying to lighten up her tense mood and walked toward my office.

"T.. thank you!" she said louder than necessary. "Oh and the magazines you requested are at your desk," she added, that was enough to make me quicken my pace to the office.