Chapter 24

Clara's POV

"Don't worry, I was not serious,  I just said that because I got upset she was looking down on me as if I need her to survive," Ayleen told me while sitting on the couch, her cheeks puffed up from the anger. 

This was the first thing she said, she was quiet the entire drive, she didn't say where she wanted to go so I simply took her back to my place knowing she needed some time to cool off.

I didnt know what to say either so I choose to remain silent. Did I want her to move in with me? I knew she is special but am I willing to sacrifice my personal space, my freedom? This was something I had never done or considered doing. 

Walking up to the bar I poured myself a cup of whiskey, leaning against the stool I traced the edge of the cup with my finger and took a small sip. 

"Well? Aren't you going to say anything?" she asked annoyed.

"Can you afford another place?" I said while swirling the cup, watching the ice move around. 

"No.. I am barely scraping by," she muttered after a long pause, her demeanor changed as if she only just realized her situation. She looked down at her hands as she anxiously played with her fingers trying to hide the anxiety flooding through her brain. 

"Then she is correct," I said coldly and she nodded. Her body stiffened at my tone, I knew she expected me to say something else, but was I ready to say something else? Could I really let her move in..? It was too fast. 

Suddenly her quiet sobs reached my ears and it felt like tiny daggers stabbed my heart, I quickly walked toward her and sat beside her, my free hand wrapped around her shoulder as I chugged down the rest of my drink feeling the burning sensation in my throat.  

Fuck whoever makes my angel cry, I thought and continued my answer, "Because she doesn't know you have me." I put my hand on her chin and made her look right at me, her face was flushed red, I clicked my tongue and wiped the tears rolling down her cheeks. She opened her mouth to say something, but quickly changed her mind remaining speechless. 

"You don't have to go back if you don't want to, you can stay here.. I can be your home," I whispered against her lips before planting a soft kiss upon them, as my thumbs stroked her wet cheeks. With my forehead against hers, I looked deeply into her eyes, I had no idea what I was doing, but it felt right. 

"You don't have to do this," she whispered and carefully removed my hand from her cheek only to give it a loving kiss. 

"I want to be your home.. I want to be your everything," I let out hearing my own words and realizing that it was exactly what I wanted. 

"So will you move in with me? I know you already announced it but I still need to ask," I asked receiving an adorable giggle in return. 

"Only because you insisted," she played along before hiding her face in my neck.

"Of course, I wouldn't take no for an answer," I added sarcastically.

"I am sorry I ignored you and didn't listen to your explanation," she told me quietly as she nuzzled her face in my neck. 

"As if you will be off the hook that easily," I scoffed and tightened my grip on her waist hearing her mumble a low 'oh fuck' under her breath. 

"But that's for another time. You had a long day beautiful, let me get you in bed." I took her hand in mine and guided her into the bedroom. 

I sat her on the bed as I walked towards my dressing room, taking off my heels and putting them aside, I grabbed some clothes for us and went back to her, she looked at me and then down at the clothes in my hands.