Chapter 5

Ayleen's POV

I was too excited about tonight, I could barely hide it from Serena, lucky for me, she was spending the night with Edward, so I could go out with Clara without hearing her unnecessary comments. 

I went home in a rush, barely managed to get in the shower, thinking it would be a casual dinner, I wore a long white dress.

I went downstairs and saw her pulling up my building and honking, I ran to the passenger seat, eager to see her, she leaned in and pressed her lips to the corner of my mouth, she slowly nuzzled her nose in my neck making my stomach flutter.

"Hmmm, how fragrant you are," she whispered softly.

"I.. uh.. just got out of a shower.. are we going somewhere fancy?" Her outfit made me freak out a little.

"No, my angel.. I just got back from work, Relax, the place is simple," she reassured and drove off. During the drive she told me about the weekend with her mom, I enjoyed listening to her stories, I found it strangely blissful to listen to her speak. 

Before I noticed we were already parked in front of a large building, she left the car and opened the door for me to exit, small but a kind of gesture that gave me tiny butterflies. 

"Come, Angel, we are here." 

"Where is here?" I looked around trying to identify the place, she didn't answer me, threw the keys to some guy and took me inside, we got inside the elevator and she pressed button 15, when it stopped, there was a single door, she searched her bag for the key before unlocking it. 

"Welcome to my safe haven," she welcomed and held the door for me to her penthouse.. Did she really take me to her house? What kind of fancy place is that I thought when walking in with hesitation. 

"Go in, don't be shy, make yourself comfortable. I'll take a quick shower to wash the courtroom off my body," she told me and pecked my cheeks.

I looked around for a couple of seconds before deciding to explore, I didn't want to intrude much, so my intuition told me to walk up to the balcony with a view of NY central, it was incredible. 

After a few minutes, I felt her face nuzzle in the back of my neck, it gave me shivers. 

"Now you smell nice, that was a quick shower" I giggled and watched her as she circled around the couch, dressed in comfortable sweatpants and a basic black shirt, how can she look beautiful in such simple attire. 

"Come let me show you the view," she took my hand and we went to the balcony, it had lounge chairs and a nice table.. she took me to the rails, trapped me between her arms, and hugged me from the back as she rested her chin on my shoulder.

"Do you like the view?" It was a nice view but it was too high, my body stiffened slightly and I felt her arms hold me firmly.

"Oops, is my angel scared of the heights?"

"A little..." I muttered and blushed.

"Shh, I'll protect you," she cooed and held me even tighter. I felt safe in her embrace, against every warning Marcus gave me, that woman was radiating safety.

"You must spend most of your nights here," I said beginning to relax. 

"I hardly ever do, I work a lot and come here just to sleep in my bed." She pulled my hand and took me inside, sitting me on the couch I didn't object in wonder of her action. She sat beside me, and all of a sudden she rested her head on my lap and put my hand in her hair.

"That's a good way to relax after a stressful day," she whispered, and my heart skipped. I found myself leaning in and putting a kiss on her forehead before I could pull away, she had her hand on the back of my neck.