Chapter 15

Ayleen's POV

It's been two days since I last saw Clara, and the fact that I don't have a cell phone made it rather hard to communicate. George told me that she asked about me a couple of times but that was about it, he also said that she gave Marcus a very important case and they have been fighting a lot because of it. Apparently, Marcus was nervous about handling the case on his own, which usually left him in a very bad mood causing fights with George over nothing. 

Me and George were meeting today for rehearsals and I was excited to see him for obvious reasons, asking about Clara. It was a bit silly to use my friend as a communication point with my girlfriend, however, it must have been ten times harder on Clara who was used to having things her way.

When I arrived at George's I knocked on his door, he opened looking exhausted, almost as if he hasn't slept for days. I instantly got hit with worry, it wasn't like him.

"What happened?" I gasped worriedly and hurried to give him a hug. 

"Marcus," he uttered. "He's been nothing but mean lately, I guess the stress of this new case and Clara on his back is too much for him, he is taking it out on me," he sighed tiredly.

"I am sorry, it must be hard on him but taking it out on you, is not an excuse..." I rubbed his shoulder, worried about my friends. 

"Well, he should be here for rehearsal,  let's hope he is less of an asshole," he muttered, avoiding eye contact as he helped me set up the keyboard. After a few minutes, we heard the doorbell.

"It must be Marcus or Edward, I'll get it," I said glancing at tired George. 

"Wow, didn't know that George turned into a beautiful angel," a familiar voice said as soon as I opened the door followed by Marcus's familiar scoff.

"Clara!" I exclaimed, my heart skipping. 

I ran towards her and wrapped my arms around her neck, my lips immediately pressing against hers. She wasted no time, lifting me off the ground and taking control of the kiss. I missed her, everything about her, her perfume,  her embrace, her taste... When did I grow so attached to this woman?

"Hey beautiful," she whispered against my kiss before giving them a couple of soft pecks. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked excitedly. 

"I came to drop off Marcus but actually it was an excuse to see you and ask if maybe we can have lunch together," she explained while lovingly caressing my cheek.

"I actually can't have lunch, I had a big breakfast and it's not sitting well with my stomach but I would love to accompany you..." Looking to the side I noticed his furious look, something that was becoming his habit. "Hey, Marcus," I greeted. 

"Oh just noticed me, right? You are kissing like you didn't see each other in years," he scoffed in disgust. 

"Shut up, Marcus.. and maybe go inside and kiss your boyfriend, I have no idea how he tolerates you," Clara hissed and he left with an angry huff. 

"Wow, George was right, he is grumpy," I mumbled. 

"Forget about him.. uh.. I wanted to say something but don't get mad," she said and I took a step back. Curiously looking at her not knowing what to expect, I grew anxious. Maybe I still did not trust her a hundred percent, because that sentence left me terrified.

"No wait, it's nothing bad just.. a sponsor gave new phones to everyone in the office and I already have one so, I thought maybe you can take this," she nervously handed me a bag with a brand new phone.

"Clara..," I crossed my hand in front of my body and gave her a stern look.

"I didn't buy it, it was a gift from someone and I don't need it and you do, we can't even talk together and.." she continued.