Chapter 6

Ayleen's POV

She insisted on driving me home even though she had a couple of drinks, when I refused she got a little bit grumpy, that woman is really used to having things her way. After some arguments we reached a middle ground, she would call me an Uber on her credit card.

I could tell she wasn't pleased as she didn't kiss me goodbye, but I decided to hold my ground especially when it came to her safety, although it did make me a bit sad. 

When I finally went back home, I found Serena and Edward cuddling on the couch watching a movie, instantly regretting not staying over at Clara's.

"Ayleen, where were you? I got worried," Serena spoke up with more curiosity than concern. 

"I was out for a walk and called my mom from a public phone," I told her having no idea why I felt compelled to lie. Something has told me she wouldn't fully accept my relationship with Clara. Was it even a relationship? Of course not... I have no idea what it was though. 

"Sit with us and watch the movie," she offered but I knew they would rather spend the time alone.

"I am really tired, so maybe another day, sleep calls me," I said with a weak smile and headed towards my room. 

Exhausted, I laid on the bed thinking about the day I had with Clara. Running my fingers over the lips and neck where her lips touched a mere few minutes ago I found myself giggling like a teenager. When I woke up in the middle of the night I heard the noises coming from Serena's room and it didn't take long for my sleepy mind to understand what was taking place.

"Oh fuck no! That's disgusting, Serena! You will fucking pay for this," I grumbled and covered my ears with the pillow, attempting on getting some rest. Let's hope she at least used protection. 

I couldn't sleep that night and ended up dozing off on the bus on my way to college, barely focusing in class, when I left, I found George waiting outside. 

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked confused. 

"Hey, girl! I was talking to Marcelo about the Bach event, he wanted me to participate and I am waiting for Marcus, we will have lunch together," he explained with a smile.

"Oh, nice."

"What's up with that face? You look tired," he seemed concerned, I must have looked awful. 

"Serena and Edward were practicing opera singing all night," I muttered.

"Huh?? .. ohh.. Ew!!"

I heard Marcus call for George after getting out of a familiar white Audi. My heart was fluttering, ready to fly out of my chest when I saw Clara get out of the car and remove her sunglasses, she walked over towards me with a beautiful smile. 

"Hey Ayleen.. George," She looked hesitant like she didn't know how she was supposed to greet me.

"Clara," I took the initiative for her and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek, she smiled at the gesture. Luckily, Marcus and George were too busy to pay us any attention.

"I was dropping Marcus off for a lunch with George and I was gonna go back to the office to eat myself, but since I ran into you, how about we go out for lunch?"

"Would love that," I told her with a tiny blush and involuntary bit my lower lip.

"Marcus, George, Ayleen and I would be joining you for lunch if it's alright," she told the boys. 

"You know it is alright, I already offered but you said you have a lot of work and rather eat at the office," Marcus pointed out with a displeased expression.