Chapter 3

It was Sunday morning. Lying in bed staring blankly at the ceiling I couldn't think of anything else than those eyes, the color of honey, and how they unexpectedly shifted from lust and playfulness into pain and sadness.

I dragged myself out of bed determined to spend my day practicing, maybe asking Serena to join wouldn't be a bad thing, it's always better to play in groups.

I knocked on her door but received no answer, I opened the door softly and frowned. It was empty, the bed was made, looked like she didn't come home for the night.

I gave George a quick call to ask if he saw her after I left the other night, to which he clarified seeing her leaving with Edward. I was happy for her but I really hoped she wouldn't forget the reason why we came from Utah.

We've been friends for as long as I can remember and I know for a fact she would lose her focus if she were to get in a serious relationship, especially that fast. To say the least, her parents won't be pleased.

I sat on the old beat up keyboard I bought for practice since I decided to leave the new one with George. Clara said it was a gift for the band which meant its not mine to keep, and I rather not keep something this expensive around.

A few hours went by when I heard the intercom ringing, Serena must have forgotten her keys and expected me to let her in. With a heavy sigh, I got up and walked up to the front door.

"Serena?"

"Uh.. hey Ayleen, it's me, Clara," that definitely caught me off guard.

I didn't have time to answer as she spoke. "Can I come up for a second?" She wants to come to the apartment... I looked around, it wasn't too messy so I buzzed her in still taken aback.

After a few minutes I heard graceful knocks on the door, I quickly fixed my hair and took a quick look at myself in the mirror, why? Did I care about how she sees me?

Taking in a deep breath I opened the door. She was wearing a basic black shirt and jeans, very different from the formal outfits I usually saw her in.

"Wow, you have no elevator here. I should go to the gym more often, I am out of shape," she finally said sounding a little out of breath, which made me giggle.

"Nonsense, you look amazing," I reassured truthfully. "Get in and make yourself comfortable."

"Sorry for coming by unannounced," I saw her discreetly scanning the apartment with her eyes as I shamelessly scanned her body but luckily she didn't notice.

"I like your place, it's cozy."

"It's nothing much, but enough for me and Serena," I shrugged.

"Where is your room?" she asked while walking towards the bedrooms, not waiting for my answer. I followed behind her in a hurry and pointed to my door, didn't want her entering Serena's without permission.

My room was very simple, I wasn't comfortable with her seeing it but she didn't give me much choice, it had a small bed against the wall, looked more like a couch with a small wardrobe beside it and on the other side, there was the keyboard accompanied by scattered musical sheets.

"Were you studying?" she asked while pointing at the keyboard. "Where is the new one?" She furrowed her eyebrows in frustration when looking at the cheap one I kept.

"I left it with George since it's the band's property," I explained, she didn't seem too pleased with my answer.

She walked to my bed and sat on it, legs crossed she rested her elbow on her knee and chin on her palm.

"Go on then, play something for me," she asked so casually, this woman had no shame.

"I study classical music."