Chapter 17

Ayleen POV

"Remind me again, why are we leaving so early? It's 6 in the morning," Marcus complained as he yawned lazily. 

"I don't want to waste the day, I want to show Ayleen around," Clara told him while resting her hand on my thigh.

"Romantic weekend, I feel like we are fourth wheeling," her cousin scoffed. 

"Wow, I am right here Marc. We will also enjoy the weekend together," George said, his voice filled with disappointment.

"My mom doesn't know about me so we will do nothing, George," Marcus explained coldly.

"Oh.. so your aunt doesn't know about you baby?" I asked Clara.

"She knows, she doesn't necessarily agree but she doesn't interfere," Clara said looking at Marcus in the rearview mirror as if scolding him for giving George an attitude.

"Then why don't you tell her Marcus?" I asked curiously and he shrugged in response.

"This is what I would love to know," George mumbled ending the conversation.

There was no traffic, the car ride was calming, and during the entire ride Clara was either holding my hand or caressing my legs, she was showering me with affection, which didn't go unnoticed by Marcus who left a sassy comment every now and then. 

Clara pulled over in front of the fenced property, and in a few seconds Andressa showed up opening the gate for Clara's car to pass. When we parked the car we were greeted by Andressa and Angela, Marcus's mom.

"Arriving early as promised, that's my girl," Andressa said as she hugged Clara tightly. "And my other beautiful girl," she came over to me pull me into a tight hug. Her greeting was warm, I loved the fact that she considered me a daughter, it gave me a warm feeling in my heart for Clara's mother to accept me for who I was.

"And the boy that forgot about the existence of his mother," Angela said as she hugged Marcus and greeted the rest of us with a polite nod and a warm smile that resembled Andressa's.

"I did not forget you, I just have no time," Marcus added defensively.

"You work with Clara, she is here every other weekend," Angela scolded Marcus.

"Hey! I am a perfect daughter," Clara added with a touch of sarcasm and a smirk. 

"You are alright.. sometimes.. lately I am proud of your life choices," Andressa said while holding my hand. " Angela, this is Ayleen, Clara's girlfriend," the introduction must have caught her off guard for a second but she quickly brushed it off and greeted me with another warm smile.

"And the keyboard player in our band," George added.

"A magnificent pianist and a gorgeous girlfriend," Clara said wrapping her arm around my waist.

"Okay, enough! I had enough with both of you during the car ride, I need breakfast and a nap," Marcus grumbled before walking away towards the house.

"What's his deal?" Angela asked concerned about her son's behaviour.  

"Wish I knew," Clara answered slightly annoyed.

George followed Angela while we followed Andressa to her house, the place had three beautiful cottages, in the middle of a beautiful garden and a shared pool. The inside of the cottage was different from Clara's house, it was not as fancy, gave more of a warm motherly vibe but still somehow screamed luxury.

"Come beautiful, I will put the bags in our room then we can have breakfast," Clara told me and my stomach fluttered.

"Our room?" I asked with a wide smile.