*Thirty-Eight: Movie Theater

Kira and Daniel drove an hour and a half out of their way to a movie theater. They couldn't go to one of the movie theaters close to them because they knew that what they were about to do would likely get them kicked out. It wasn't a big deal if they were banned from a movie theater that was far away from them.

Daniel was already laughing as they walked up to the door. Kira's hand was in his and they were gently swinging their hands back and forth while they walked. Daniel's laugh was adorable and Kira smiled at him.

"This is insane," Daniel muttered once they stepped inside.

"It'll be fine," Kira reassured him. "There won't be anyone else in the theater. Unless someone bought tickets in the last 20 minutes. And I doubt any of the workers will come in during the movie either. I bet no one will even notice."

"I'm sure you're right," Daniel said. He was still smiling and he felt giddy. As they walked farther into the theater, he glanced at the concession stand. "Should we get snacks?"

Kira paused and they both stopped walking.

"I guess we do need a way to keep ourselves distracted until the previews are over," she said.

They both walked over to the concession stand and bought several different snacks and drinks. Daniel paid for everything and then they finally walked over to scan the tickets they had on their phones.

Finally, they made their way into the theater. As expected, the theater was completely empty. They'd gotten seats in the very back just in case, but it was still reassuring that they'd be alone. Neither of them really remembered what movie they were watching and they didn't really care. There were some commercials for local businesses playing as they went to the back row and got settled. The movie theater had reclining seats. Kira and Daniel immediately leaned their seats back and Daniel lifted up the armrest between them.

"We have to wait until the movie actually starts," Kira insisted as Daniel put his arm around her.

"I know that," he said. He kept his arm around her and he used his other hand to grab a handful of popcorn from the bucket in her lap. "But you have all the good snacks."

Kira laughed and took a sip from the slushy she got. Daniel looked at her with a smile.

"Can I have some?" he asked with puppy dog eyes.

"You should have gotten your own," she said with a shake of her head.

"Please!" Daniel asked. He leaned closer to her. His hand brushed over the hem of her skirt and he pushed it up her leg a little. His lips were right by her ear. "Please."

He kissed by her ear and she sighed. His hand was holding her leg now and he kept pushing it higher. She squirmed away from him with a laugh.

"Fine!" She held the slushy out to him. He leaned toward her and took a sip from the straw while he kept his eyes on her. He winked as he pulled away.

"We're not even gonna make it until the lights are off," Kira muttered and Daniel just laughed.

"Then let's talk about something to distract us," he suggested.

"Like what?" Kira asked and then she stuffed a bunch of popcorn in her mouth.

"You haven't told us much about that business trip you're going on. Like where it is or what you'll be doing. Why don't you tell me about that?" Daniel asked. Then he looked over at Kira. She was glaring at him with a mouth full of popcorn. "Oh, sorry."

She tried to chew the popcorn quickly as Daniel chuckled. She shook her head at him.

"Water," she managed to say as she kept chewing. Daniel handed her his water and she took a long drink.