*Forty-Five: Love You

"We should eat breakfast," Jack mumbled. He was cuddled with Kira in her bed and it was well after breakfast time by now. His face was squished against her shoulder and she had one of her hands in his hair.

The two of them had been spending all of their time together (mostly in Kira's room) ever since the fight. It had been three days now and they'd managed to not run into Zach. That was mostly due to the help of Jonah, Daniel, and Corbyn.

It was pretty clear that no one was going to reason with Zach. He was angry that everything he'd experienced over the last three months was a lie. Kira hadn't been just his. She hadn't been developing feelings for him the way he had for her. He was just another one of her playthings. Or at least that's how he saw it. And he couldn't stand the idea that Jack had sat there silently supporting him and pretending he wasn't also sleeping with Kira the entire time.

Jonah, Daniel, and Corbyn decided it would be better if Zach didn't interact with Kira and Jack and they knew he just needed some time to process everything for now. They managed Zach while Kira and Jack got a chance to finally be a couple.

"Go downstairs and grab something easy," Kira said as she forced herself to wake up more. "There's some muffins on the counter."

"Okay. Just give me a minute," Jack muttered. He slowly rolled away from her and stretched. Kira turned her head to look at him and she smiled as he yawned and eventually sat up. She loved looking at him, especially now that his injuries were better. His eye was mostly healed and it just looked a little bruised. His lip was better and they'd taken off most of the other bandages he had on his neck and arms. He almost looked like himself again.

Jack pulled the covers off himself and he stepped out of the bed. There was still a slight limp due to his sprained ankle, but Kira was sure she was the only one who noticed at this point. She watched Jack shuffle across her room and out into the hall. As soon as the door was closed, she jumped out of bed and ran for her closet.

Once downstairs, Jack looked through the kitchen for some easy stuff to take back up with him. It seemed like the house was empty. Jack was used to seeing the guys on the main floor hanging out. Corbyn and Zach were usually playing Call of Duty by now. But the TV was off and the couch was empty. Jack did his best to listen as he walked through the kitchen, but he couldn't even hear the footsteps of the others walking around upstairs. Maybe it was just him and Kira home. He didn't mind that.

He smirked to himself as he grabbed a tray and started putting food on it. He grabbed the muffins like Kira asked and then he grabbed a few pieces of fruit. Then he stopped himself. She said to grab something easy, but he wanted to put forth a little more effort. He grabbed two bowls, a knife, and a bunch of fruit. He started cutting everything and putting it in the two bowls. He put in some strawberries, some sliced bananas, and he even cut up a mango. He was pretty happy with himself.

While he grabbed a few more things, he smiled and thought about what they could do the rest of the day. The house was empty. Despite being officially together for the last three days, they still hadn't had sex since their weekend getaway. Jack mostly wanted to sleep after sustaining so many injuries and Kira didn't think it was fair to the other guys for them to do it so soon after she ended it with the rest of them. But now seemed like as good a time as any.

Jack picked up the tray and made his way upstairs. When he opened the door to Kira's room, he realized she'd had the exact same idea as him.

She'd made the bed and now she was reclining against the pillows wearing a satin and lace lingerie set. She had on a black lace cami top and then a pair of sage green satin shorts with black lace trim. Over that, she was wearing a satin robe that matched the shorts she had on, including the lace trim. It was off one shoulder and loosely tied around her so it didn't even cover anything. She was sitting with one leg straight and the other strategically bent. In her hands, she held a book and she did a good job of looking invested in it.