*Nineteen: Worrying You

Kira and Zach stayed in the bath for so long that most of the bubbles were gone now. But they didn't move. The water was still warm and they were both so comfortable. Zach was reclined against the back of the tub and Kira was laying on his chest. His hands were stroking up and down her arms and it was almost making her sleepy.

"What's been on your mind lately?" Kira asked quietly. She leaned her head back on Zach's shoulder and he kissed the side of her head. Kira lifted one of her legs out of the water. She stretched her foot and then slowly slipped it back under.

"Like, what have I been worrying about or what have I been thinking about?" Zach clarified. He was leaning his head against hers now and his voice was low and soft in her ear.

Kira lifted her head and did her best to look back at him.

"Has something been worrying you?"

Zach looked down for a second. He shrugged and then chewed on his lip.

"Kind of," he said finally. Kira nodded for him to continue. He held her a little tighter. "I know it shouldn't bother me since you and I aren't...you know."

"A couple?" Kira guessed.

"Yeah," Zach said quietly. There was a hint of disappointment in his voice. "We aren't together so I shouldn't be bothered but...when we were FaceTiming you and Corbyn while you guys were in Utah and Daniel jokingly asked if you guys had been fucking, you both were acting really weird-"

"Zach," Kira interrupted him. She lifted one hand and held the side of his face. She thought up a lie quickly and she was slightly guilty that it was so easy. "We were acting weird because Corbyn kissed me on our first night and we didn't want you guys to know."

"He did what?" Zach's body tensed and Kira rubbed his cheek to keep him calm.

"When we got to our Airbnb, we realized there was no heat and we had to huddle in front of a fire with a blanket around us," Kira explained. "We were exhausted from traveling and working and we were talking about the future and if either of us ever planned on having kids. We were sitting really close together. It was just the circumstances we were in and he leaned in and kissed me. I stopped him right away. But...we talked a little more and he was saying it was just a kiss and it didn't mean anything. So we made out for a minute. Then I stopped him before things went too far."

"That's all that happened?" Zach asked

"That's the only thing that happened that night," Kira said. She hoped he didn't pick up on the fact that she'd added 'that night.' Zach nodded and Kira kept going. "We both agreed it shouldn't have happened, but we wanted to keep it between us. He was worried you guys would tease him about it."

"We probably would have," Zach muttered with a smile.

"You can't tell him you know," Kira insisted. Zach already had a big mouth and he'd immediately gone to Jack about his relationship with Kira. She didn't need him talking to anyone else and messing everything up. "We promised we'd leave it in Utah."

"Don't worry. I won't say anything," Zach said.

Kira relaxed back in the water. She turned to face forward again and she laid her head back against Zach. His arms were around her and his hands ended up resting on her stomach. He kissed her neck and her cheek for a while before he spoke again.

"You said you and Corbyn were talking about if you ever planned on having kids."

"Yeah?" Kira stiffened a little. She wished she hadn't mentioned that. She didn't want to have this conversation.

"Well do you?" Zach asked quietly. He kissed her neck again and then he nuzzled his face against her. "Do you want kids someday?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I do but..."