*Thirty-Six: Colby Brock

Kira, Colby, and Zach walked through the front door of Colby's house. They walked right into a large entryway with a big, round table in the middle. Stairs to the right curved along the wall and led up to the second floor. There were several hallways leading away from the entryway toward the kitchen, living room, and other parts of the house. Coming out of one of the hallways were Sam and his girlfriend Katrina.

"Kira?" Sam asked as they walked into the entryway. He smiled when he saw her. "What the hell? How are you?"

"Hey, Sam!" Kira stepped away from Zach and Colby. She walked over and gave Sam a hug. He held her tightly and then pulled back with a smile. "It's good to see you!"

"You too," Sam said happily. Then Kira turned to Katrina.

"Hey, Kat! I love the new hair color!" Kira said as she hugged Katrina.

"Oh, thanks!" Katrina said. They pulled out of their hug and Katrina ran her fingers through her magenta hair. "I figured I had the blue for a long time and wanted to try something else."

"It looks amazing," Kira said genuinely. She smiled. "It's just so good to see you both!"

"Yeah, it's been so long," Katrina agreed. "How did you end up here tonight?"

"Zach and I ran into Colby at a dance club. Oh, this is Zach by the way," Kira said quickly. She grabbed Zach's hand and pulled him forward. He waved at Sam and Katrina. "He's in a band called Why Don't We."

"Oh, with Daniel Seavey, right?" Sam asked and Zach nodded.

"Yeah, do you know him?" Zach asked.

"We've met a few times," Sam said. "He's friends with Kian and JC. We're pretty tight with them too so we've ran into each other. I've heard some of your music. You guys are really good!"

"Thanks," Zach said with a smile. "I'm glad you like it."

"So, you guys are heading out?" Colby cut in. He looked at Sam with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, we're going out for the night," Sam said with a nod.

"And you'll be gone for a couple of hours?" Colby asked. Kira looked back at him with narrowed eyes. Why did he have to be so weird about it?

"Yes," Sam said slowly. He looked between Colby, Kira, and Zach. "And what will you be doing?"

Colby chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to, brother," Colby said with a shrug.

Sam held up his arms in surrender and he laughed.

"I guess I should know better than to ask questions at this point," Sam said. He took Katrina's hand and they continued toward the door. "You guys have a good night. It was great seeing you again, Kira, and nice meeting you, Zach."

"Nice meeting you too," Zach said.

Sam and Katrina walked out the door. The sound of it closing echoed through the whole house. The three of them looked at each other nervously. Zach naturally moved closer to Kira and she slipped her hand into his.

"Well," Colby said as he clapped his hands together. "I'll show you guys upstairs and then I think I'll bring us up a few more drinks. That might help us loosen up a little."

"I like that plan," Zach said with a laugh. They all smiled and then walked upstairs.

Colby walked ahead of them. He led them to the first door at the top of the stairs and he pushed it open. Once inside, he turned on a few lights. Kira and Zach walked in to see several red LED lights illuminating the room. The lights were around most of the doorways and behind the headboard of the large four-poster bed as well.