*Twenty-Five: Running Errands

Kira enjoyed having her brother and his family stay for the weekend, but she was also glad to get back to her normal schedule. Ever since her trip to Utah, she felt like things had been crazy. She came home just in time for Thanksgiving, Corbyn's birthday, and then a weekend of entertaining kids. Honestly, she was a little excited to just go back to work and enjoy some time at home with the guys. It also helped that she was managing to keep all of them satisfied for now. Zach and Corbyn weren't as needy. Jack was happy with how things were. Jonah wasn't pushy. And even Daniel didn't mention anything about their past and what could have been. Things were going well.

She also felt a stronger connection to Jack now. Aside from Daniel, she hadn't really told anyone what had happened back when she'd been with Sean. It was too painful then and it was still unbearable to talk about now. But she was glad Jack knew the truth. She was glad Jack understood why she always tended to push people away. Maybe it was good for him to know. Maybe he could help her work through it a little more.

"Hey," Jack said as he walked into the living room where Kira was watching TV. He came and sat next to her. "How are you doing today?"

He was sitting close to her and his arm was around her shoulders. It was pretty normal for them to cuddle like that, but Kira still felt on edge anytime she was affectionate with the guys in the common areas of the house. She was always worried that suddenly one of them would catch on to what she was doing.

"I'm good," she answered with a smile. "You don't need to treat me like I'm fragile all of the sudden. It happened years ago and the memories don't get triggered that often."

"I know. I just wanna check in with you. Is that so wrong?" Jack asked sweetly. He leaned over and kissed her cheek. She turned her face and kissed him quickly. Jack smiled.

They both settled onto the couch, still cuddled close, as they continued watching the show Kira had on. After a while, they heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Jack glanced over the couch, seeing if he needed to pull away, but he relaxed once he saw it was Jonah. He pulled Kira a little closer to him.

"You ready to go?" Jonah asked as he walked into the room.

"Yep," Kira said. She turned off the TV and started to get up.

"Go where?" Jack asked. He held onto Kira's hand as she stood. She squeezed his hand with a smile and pulled away.

"Jonah and I are getting groceries," Kira explained. Jack looked between them and he smirked.

"Right. I think you mean, Jonah's trying to get some."

"Didn't you get plenty over the weekend?" Kira asked. She ran her fingers through his hair as she walked past the back of the couch. "Can't someone else have a turn?"

"Oh I suppose so," Jack said with a dramatic sigh. Kira and Jonah both laughed while they walked toward the door. "Have fun."

"I certainly intend to," Jonah called. Then the front door closed.

It was raining today and it made it hard to see out the windows. Jonah drove slowly and Kira was even leaning forward a little to try and see better. After a while, Jonah pulled the car over into an empty parking lot. He drove to the back and then parked. Kira looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"What are you doing?" she asked with a nervous smile.

"Well. I figured it's too hard to see right now, so we'll have to find a way to entertain ourselves until the rain lets up." Jonah smirked at her. Kira shook her head with a smile. "Any ideas?"

"I've got a few," she said slyly as she leaned closer to him.

"Do you still want me as badly as you did on Thanksgiving?" Jonah taunted and Kira smiled.