Chapter 49 - A New Threat

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Ever since then, besides the marking ceremony, we started welcoming every new coming wolf with this experience.

Ricky was now the third one to experience it for the first time.

"Is this serious ?" he asked us, trying to hide his panic.

"This is an induction course to be welcomed in the pack." Paul answered.

"Didn't I just do that yesterday ?"

"Come on, that was the boring one." Jared intervened, rolling his eyes.

Paul and Jared were growing impatient. Jumping from the cliff became a regular activity among us, and until this day, we still appreciated it as if it were our first time.

"How long are you going to keep talking ? By the time you come back, I might eat everything." I told them.

The scent that the small wind was bringing to my nostrils from the baskets prepared by Emily were enough to erase the possible disappointment brought back the fact that I couldn't jump with them.

"I'd love to say that Emily won't let you..." Jared trailed off.

I smirked. "But I'm her favorite." I added before I winked at Emily who just laughed it off, but didn't deny. "Go, already. If Ricky doesn't want to jump, don't force him." I growled, urging them to go so they could come back faster.

"No, no, no, no !" Paul rejected. "We all did it. It is necessary. Or else, might as well be considered a lone wolf." Paul said while crossing his arms over his chest.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Ricky. "Don't listen to him. He's being very dramatic. He doesn't make the rules here."

The one who actually did make the rules was too busy being fed by his imprint, as if they were in their own world. It actually made me wince, like the rest of the boys. It was like watching our parents being intimate.

"I don't know about you, but I'm going." Jared said, carrying a disgusted expression on his face.

"You too. Go." I heard Emily tell Sam in a soft voice.

Paul shuddered. "Ew..."

Sam's eyes, which were staring at Emily lovingly a second ago, flickered to Paul to give him a deadly glare. Sam was very sensitive about Emily, especially since he gave her that scar. He hated when anyone would stare at her face for too long or make any comments about it. He didn't talk much in human form. The boys and I were enough to fill the silence. When we were in formation though, having his position meant being the leader of communication which made him talk more than he normally would.

Sam's glare gave enough reasons for Paul to sigh and run after Jared without a word.

Emily laughed it off, making Sam focus on her again and soften his expressions.

"You can't keep scaring them away." I heard Emily tell him.

"If that makes them leave us alone..." Sam answered in a voice that was meant to be suave for her but was actually disgusting for me.

"You are not alone." I had to remind him when I saw his face approach Emily's.

His eyes flickered to mine but unlike Paul, I rolled my eyes and snatched the bag of chips from the basket

"Ricky." Sam called him. "If you don't go after them now, you might not find your way up there easily."

"You are not going ?" Ricky asked.