Ye Shaoyang leaned down and lifted Xiao Bai into his arms. While he made his way back to the door, he awkwardly said, “Captain Chi, I'm sorry about that. I didn't think Xiao Bai would run into your room and mess around. You can close your door in the future…”

Xiao Bai looked towards Chi Shuo with big, innocent eyes.

Chi Shuo stroked the little kitty's head and warmly said, “It's fine. I don't mind.”

If any other cat had run into his room to play around, Chi Shuo would have unhesitatingly shooed it out with a stern expression. But this was Ye Shaoyang's cat. Maybe it was because he'd already accepted Ye Shaoyang as his teammate, so he even quite liked the look of Ye Shaoyang's cat. Even after the cat made a complete mess of his bed, he was unexpectedly not at all angry.

Ye Shaoyang shut Xiao Bai inside his own room, then brought over a cat hair remover. “Xiao Bai usually sheds a lot. After jumping on your bed so much, there's bound to be a ton of hair left behind. I'll help you clean up.”

Chi Shuo said, “No need, I can…”

Before he finished speaking, he saw Ye Shaoyang casually walk into his room again. Then Ye Shaoyang leaned down and used the cat hair remover to sweep up all the hair left behind. He even went out of his way to straighten out Chi Shuo's mussed up sheets.

Chi Shuo stood rigidly by the doorway.

As he watched Ye Shaoyang help him tidy up the bed, the roots of his ears grew faintly warmer.

No alpha would use a masking spray inside their own bedroom. Why would they hide their own scent from themselves? There was naturally no need for that. So, an alpha's bedroom was typically tinged with the scent of that alpha's pheromones. It was considered an alpha's private, personal territory.

No one else had ever entered Chi Shuo's bedroom before.

He'd joined Tianhuan when he was still a teenager, and he'd lived in that room throughout all his years with the team. He'd undergone the most important changes of adolescence in this room. He'd passed his first rut as an alpha in there, and he'd had some hazy dreams of marking omegas in there as well.

That room was full of the scent of his pheromones.

And today, Ye Shaoyang had wandered in with a completely carefree expression. He was even helping Chi Shuo make the bed?

Did this omega have even the slightest sense of self-awareness as an omega?

Chi Shuo was frozen in place. He could hardly believe what he was seeing as he watched Ye Shaoyang make the bed.

After a moment, Ye Shaoyang finished cleaning away Xiao Bai's hair with the cat hair remover. He made sure Chi Shuo's sheets and blankets were all neat and tidy before turning back to say, “Don't worry, Captain Chi. I'll keep an eye on Xiao Bai in the future, I won't let it run wild.”

Chi Shuo was silent.

Ye Shaoyang saw that he seemed to be spacing out. He couldn't help but curiously call out, “Captain Chi?”

Chi Shuo came back to his senses. The tips of his ears were faintly red. He coughed lightly and said, “You… you come out here first.”

Ye Shaoyang didn't rush to step out of the room. He diligently scanned the floor to make sure there was no more cat hair lying around. It was only after he truly finished that he walked up to Chi Shuo and smiled up at him. “All done. Get some rest early, Captain Chi. Good night.”

Ye Shaoyang left without another word.

Chi Shuo was left behind, still frozen like a statue.

An omega making an alpha's bed… this was something he'd only ever seen in movies before. Usually, this kind of intimate thing would only be done between married couples.