21.

"This is very cheap," Aaron said looking at the pair of pants in his hands. I nod my head and look up at Onyx who looked bored out of his mind. I smile and wrap my arms around his bicep. He grins down at me and tucks some hair behind my ear. 

"You look so adorable, baby," He said pinching my nose. 

I look down at myself and grin when I see I'm wearing his pants

I look down at myself and grin when I see I'm wearing his pants. "Thank you," I said pressing my lips to his. He smiles against them and pulls away before kissing my forehead.

"Onyx what do you think of these?" Aaron asked holding up another pair of pants. Onyx sighs and shrugs. "I told you already I don't need new clothes," He said looking away from his dad. Aaron frowns and places the pants away.

I frown and remove my arms away from Onyx's arm. I walk over to Aaron who was looking down at the pants. I tap his shoulder and smile at him. "I think you should get them just in case," I said picking up the pants. I look them over and hug them to my chest. "These are nice," I mumble. 

Aaron smiles and looks over at Onyx who was glaring at us. 

I turn away from him. "If you don't mind, Aaron, I need more pairs of shoes," I said biting my lip. I kick my feet against the ground. "These shoes are starting to worn out," I said looking up at Aaron who was smiling down at me. "Ok," He said grabbing the pants and walking over to the cash- register. 

I look at Onyx and frown. "Can you at least pretend to need pants for your dad's sake?" I asked him. Onyx glares at me before smirking. "But I own enough pants. I only came along because you insisted I join you." 

I shake my head and look behind him to see Aaron smiling at the cashier lady. "I don't know your history with Aaron but he's been trying." 

I stare at him for a second before sighing. I walk over to Aaron who was grabbing the bags from the cashier. "Thank you, ma'am," He said and looked down at me. "I got a 25% discount," He said with a large grin. I smile up at him matching his happiness. 

"Let's get your shoes, now," He said grabbing my hand. I smile up at him and look behind me to see Onyx sulking. I frown at him but then move my attention to Aaron. "And maybe afterward we could get some frozen yogurt," He offered. I nod my head enthusiastically. He smiles and pulls me out of the store with Onyx following behind us. 

A few hours later I was sitting in the kitchen with an annoyed-looking Onyx sitting next to me smoking cigarettes. He was mad that I didn't speak to him the entire day. I was to focus on making Aaron feel better about Onyx treating him like crap. And it made me happy because he reminded me of my grandfather. Always happy and kind to me. And the smallest thing would make him happy just like my grandfather. 

"Ok, so my mother had a special recipe for this," Aaron said placing his pumpkin cake on the table. He removes the oven mitts from his hands and places them on the table. "Ova loved it," He mumbles. "She always got so excited when I would make it for her."