44.

"Are you sure?" Onyx asked as we sat in the car staring at the cafe in front of us. I was nervously biting on my nails and Onyx's hand was gripping my thigh. 

I look over at Onyx and nod my head. "I want to know who he is," I whisper. "If I don't like what I found then I won't pursue anything with this going forward," I mumble. He smiles gently at me and reaches to stroke my cheek. "I'm not leaving you here with some stranger even if he claims to be your father." 

I nod. "I wasn't expecting you to," I open the door and step out.

Onyx quickly opens his door and rushes to my side. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my forehead. I smile up at him and he takes my hand. He pulls me into the cafe and we look around at the decor. It was a very fall-like place. Everything in here reminded me of the fall. And it smelt of pumpkin spice which kinda made my stomach feel funny. 

Onyx looks around at the mostly empty cafe. He walks us over to a table and pulls the chair out for me. I sit down with a small thank you and look around as Onyx sits directly next to me. 

"I'm sorry but this table is for 3 or 4 guests," An older woman around my mother's age spoke as she walks over to us with menus. Onyx rolls his eyes and I smile at her. "We're expecting a third party," I said with a smile. She looks between me and Onyx before slowly nodding her head. She hands me the menus. "I'll be back when your third party gets here."

I watch her walk away and hand Onyx the second menu.

"I wonder what he looks like," I thought out loud. Onyx looks over at me and down at his menu. "You look nothing like your mother so I assume he looks like you," He spoke. I nod my head always thinking I looked like my mother. I just had a lighter complexion than her. And other than my chubby face and her nicely structured face I still always assume there was almost no difference between her and I. I mean as I looked at Andrew I saw more of a resemblance between them. 

"The red velvet cake sounds nice," Onyx said with a smile. I shake my head still having my own opinions on red velvet. 

We wait for the next 15 minutes. I text Sebestaion a few times with no response from him. I kept looking over at the waitress who keeps eyeing Onyx and me. I wouldn't say I liked that. 

"Is he still coming?" Onyx asked whispering into my ear. I bite my lip and look at him. He stare into my eyes and I could feel the tears building up. "He hasn't answered any of my texts," I whisper. Onyx sighs and leans his forehead against mine. "We can leave," He said. I sniffle and think over the idea. "If he doesn't come in the next 15 minutes then we can," I told him. He nods before sitting back in his chair. 

Another 15 minutes pass and the waitress approaches us. 

"It's been 30 minutes," She said with an annoyed smile. "Restaurant policy states if a customer doesn't order in the first 30 minutes then I'm required to ask them to leave." 

Onyx scoffs at her statement. I look over at him letting him know I was ready to leave. He sighs and stands up. He grabs my bag and my hand and helps me to my feet. I wipe the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. 

We walk to the door just as a man enters. He looks around and his eyes land on mine. His brown eyes widen and he slowly approaches me. "Maya Baker?" He asked in a deep voice. I look up at Onyx who was glaring at the man. I look back at him and nod my head. "Yes."

He lets out a breath before walking over to me. "It's so finally nice to meet you," He said his eyes lightening up as he looks me over. "I'm Sebastian Lennon," He said holding his hand out toward me. I expect it. It had two tattoos on it. A smiley face on the knuckle of his index finger and a smiley face on his thumb.