20.

I look through Onyx's computer doing research about my project when my phone starts to ring. I frown since no one ever calls except Onyx, Aaron, and sometimes Lori. But Lori likes to text more than call, Onyx was downstairs with Aaron so they didn't have any reason to call me. I wasn't on speaking turns with Andrew at the current moment so I had no clue who it was. 

I answer the unknown number and place it to my ear. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Maya?" The voice of my mother said on the other line. 

My eyes widen and I tried to calm my uneven breath. Just the sound of her voice made me go into an instant panic. All the dramatic memories came rushing back just at the sound of her voice. It was PTSD and tears instantly well into my eyes. I wanted to hang up but she was still my mother and I haven't heard from her in a very long time. 

"Momma?" I asked her. I hear her hum in approval before she speaks to me again, "Baby I need you to come on for mommy," She said in her sweet voice that she managed to lure me in with. She was always good at multipathing and she was good at multipathing me. 

I shake my head and wipe the tears from my eyes.

"I can't momma," I told her. "Why not, Maya?" She asked me. I could hear her soft voice becoming angry. "Because I c-can't momma," I said scratching at my legs. "You don't miss me do you?" She asked. I shake my head fiercely. "Of course I do, I miss you so much," I said trying not to break down and cry. 

"Then why won't you come home, Maya?" She asked. 

"I-i-i-i," I stuttered and just started to sob. I drop my phone in my lap and cry into my hands. I could hear my mother speaking but I couldn't make out what she was saying. I just had to cry. That's how she made me feel. Like I had to cry all the time. It wasn't healthy for her to make me feel that way. But she did and I couldn't control it.

I hear footsteps and then the feeling of being picked up. 

I snuggle into the person's chest and cry my eyes onto their shirt. I feel their large hands rub my back and whisper into my ear. I didn't hear a thing they said but it was comforting enough for me to calm down a bit. 

"What's wrong?" I recognized the voice of Onyx. I look up at him and down at my phone. "I-it's my mom," I whisper. I inhale a breath before looking at him. He looks down at me softly and snuggles me into his chest. He walks me over to his bed and places me down on it. He then walks over to my phone, picks it up, and places it on his ear. 

"Hello?" He asked. 

He's silent for a second before smirking.

"Go fuck yourself," He said causing me to gasp and he hangs up the phone. As soon as he does the phone rang but he declined. He looks down at the phone for a few seconds before throwing it at me. "She's blocked and won't call you again. Want something to eat?" He asked as he walks out of the room. 

I stare behind him in shock before smiling down at the phone. I wish I had the courage to do that instead of bawling like the baby I was. I wanted to cry at the thought and that made me feel even worse about myself. I was just an ugly crybaby that needed to cry all the time. God, I was pathetic. 

I close my eyes tightly and bury my face into the pillow. 

The next thing I know I'm being awakened by someone shaking me. "Maya?" I hear Onyx's voice close to my ear. I slowly open my eyes and look up at Onyx's blue eyes as he stares down at me. He grins and kisses my chubby cheeks. "It's dinner time and dad order some Chinese food," He said watching me as I sat up. I rub my eyes with my palms and look around confused.