14.

It was the weekend and Onyx had left to speak to his Probation officer. He left me home with Aaron who sat awkwardly on the chair looking at the show that played on tv. He hasn't said anything to me since breakfast and it was kinda awkward. 

I glance over at him and he was quietly wiping his glasses off with his shirt. 

"Aaron?" I call out to him. 

Aaron looks up from his shirt and looks at me with a small smile. "Yes?" He asked. I bite my lip and smile. "Can you tell me a little about Onyx," I asked him? "I don't know much about him and I really want to," I said scooting closer to the other side of the couch. 

Aaron looks at me for a second before chuckling. "Yeah, um I knew Onyx for 10 years," He said looking at me shamefully. "I wasn't always the best father. His mother and I were very young when Onyx was conceived and I was scared to become a dad at such a young age. So I left Onyx's mom and that's the biggest mistake I could have ever made. Fast forward 15 years later I get a call from Cps and they asked me if I had a son. I said yes but I haven't seen my son since he was an infant. And they asked me if I could take my son in since they have taken him away from his abusive mother. And if you want to know more about that you're going to have to ask Onyx because I don't know the full story myself. But ever since then, I've had Onyx in my life."

I smile at Aaron who seems to think back on his actions. And I could tell her deeply regretted them. He's trying his hardest to make up for what he has done wrong. He has been trying to make up for the lost time. But it must be so difficult with a stubborn son who refuses to forgive him. And I understand Onyx's feelings but I wish he could forgive his father one day. 

"Onyx mention you were married once," I said looking at Aaron as his face lit up at the mention of his marriage. He looks at me with a large smile. "Stay here," He said standing up and walking upstairs. 

I smile as I watch him walk away. 

A minute passes and he comes back with a large teal color book. He comes over and sits down right next to me. He opens the book to the first page and a woman with very long brown hair, chubby cheeks that were red, and a large smile appear on the page with an ice cream cone in her hands. 

"That's my Ova," He said pointing to the beautiful woman. "My one and only Ova," He said in a sad voice. He looks at me with teary eyes and then back at the picture. "I met her around 22 years ago when she just finished college and started working at my job. She was the nicest person I have ever met and I think it was love at first sight." His smiles grow as he stares down at the picture thinking of the woman.

"We got married 18 years at the same church her parents were married in.  Then 14 years ago we had our son together that we named Benji. But 12 years ago I sadly lost them both in a bad car accident when Ova went grocery shopping during a bad rainstorm and her car ran off the road a was hit by a larger truck. Ova died on impact and Benji died 3 days later. It was a horrible time for me but I learned to just live with it. And plus I have Onyx now and It healed the wound slightly."

Aaron looks at me with a smile. 

"Tell me about you," He said. "Do you have any siblings, any hobbies, your favorite color?" He asked. "I have a big brother name Andrew, and I don't have any hobbies at the moment but I like to explore some things. Oh, and my favorite color is teal blue. Almost like Onyx's eye color."

I giggle and blush at my comment. 

A few hours later Aaron had left to run some errands and I was left alone in their house. I kept staring at their kitchen since I was hungry and would think Aaron and Onyx will also be hungry when they got home.