3.

"Do you want another?" Andrew asked me. I look up from my cinnamon bun and nod my head. "Yes please," I said. He smiles and stands up and walks over to the counter. A young girl with dark curly brown hair stood on the other side. She smiles at Andrew and he says something to her.

It was Saturday morning and Andrew offered to take me to breakfast. He did so because Jackson and mom got into a large fight which resulted in bruises and busted lips on each other. Also, Andrew wanted to talk to a girl he's had a crush on for a while. She attends his college and works here at other times. 

I order myself a cinnamon bun and some warm chocolate milk. 

I open my book and start reading it. I needed something to distract myself other than scratching at my arms. I was still a little shaken from this morning. I have seen Jackson mad before but I never get used to it. He scared the kittens out of me and I would like to forget about his harsh blows. 

I hear the bell ring signaling someone has entered the small diner. 

I look up feeling a little curious. My breath hitches at the sight.

A tall boy-no man stood looking around the diner. His light blue eyes were red and dilated and he was slightly shaking. That didn't distract me from how handsome he was. He had a loop ring on his nose and lip. I could see some tattoos peeking out from his outfit and his brown hair was messy but in a hot way. He was drop-dead gorgeous and did I mention his sparking blue eyes?

He looks around for a few more seconds before walking over to the counter

He looks around for a few more seconds before walking over to the counter. He stands next to Andrew and I always thought Andrew was tall but he had nothing on this boy. He leans in and whispers something to the girl behind the counter who seems annoyed at his presence. 

She said something to him before walking into the back of the diner. 

Andrew glares at the man with his dark eyes. The man looks at Andrew and smirks. That smirk was so cute. Cute? No. He was way too mysterious to be cute. But he had one dimple on his right cheek which made him cute. So yes he was cute. 

I self-consciously fix my curly hair. I decided to leave it out and not do anything to it but some conditioner on it. But now I was regretting it. My curly afro looked wild on top of my head. It was also a little damp which made it flat sometimes. 

I quickly look for a rubberband in my mini backpack. 

"Maya," Andrew said getting my attention. I look up and smile at him. Andrew grins and hands me a cinnamon bun. He sits back down across from me and looks behind him. I do as well and nearly fall out of my seat when I make eye contact with those beautiful blue eyes. Oh, kittens he's so handsome. 

He lazily grins at me before turning back to the counter. 

I look myself over and make sure I looked alright. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of such a handsome man.