Chapter 42

Stiles parked his jeep on Cassie's driveway. He helped her get his bike off his jeep as she thanked him for driving her home.

"Thanks for driving me home, but you know you didn't have to. Right?"

"Oh, no, I wanted to," he simple replied.

She rolled her eyes at him playfully as she parked her bike. She unlocked the door to her house with Stiles following behind. She tossed the keys onto the coffee table as she walked to her kitchen.

"You know, you also didn't have to follow me inside my house," she said, pouring herself a glass of water.

"That is something that I also chose to do," he replied, shutting the door behind him. "Hey, is anyone home right now?"

"No, my parents are working late shifts again while Em's sleeping at a friend's house. Why?" she asked, setting down her glass of water.

"So, I can do this."

She furrowed her brows, turning around to face him. When she did, she felt himself smash his lips onto hers. She instinctively kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck while he wrapped his around her waist. Their lips moved in synch against one another. Once she realized what they were doing, she pulled away.

"What are you doing?"

"Cass, I still want to be your boyfriend, and I still want you to be my girlfriend. And, yes, I know that your mom doesn't like me, but I'll make her like me. Because that's how much I want to be in your life. So please let me be your boyfriend again."

She smiled softly at his efforts and nodded. He plastered a happy grin on his face and kissed her again. She happily kissed back, feeling him smile into the kiss as she smiled as well.

--

The couple laid in bed, not being able to wipe the smiles off their faces after what just happened. Stiles was spooning Cassie and admiring the promise ring still on her ring finger.

"Hey, let's make a promise to each other," Stiles suggested, letting go of her hand.

She turned around to face him. "A promise? What do you mean?"

"Well, normally, couples give each other promise rings as a sign of their everlasting promise," he explained.

"Okay..." she nodded. "Let's do it. What kind of promise should we make?"

"Umm," he hummed, trying to think of an idea. "How about you never leave my side and I never leave yours."

"Like, physically or physiologically?"

"Physiologically, and relationship-wise."

"Stiles, as much as I like you, we just started dating. Maybe we should wait before making a promise like that."

He nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, you're right," he agreed. "How about we promise to... not break each other's heart."

"And if we do, I take off the ring," she added.

He nodded again. "Sounds reasonable."

"Okay. I promise to not break your heart unless you do it first."

"And I promise to not break your heart unless you do it first."

He held up his pinky to her, proposing a pinky-promise. She rolled her eyes at his childishness and wrapped her pinky around his.

"Great, now we just have to kiss to seal it," he grinned.

"You really did your research on this, didn't you?"

"I try."

The couple smiled at each other before pulling each other into a slow, but romantic kiss.