EPISODE 1 CHAPTER 2

Cassie woke up to the sound of her alarm. She groaned and quickly shut off her alarm before letting out a yawn. She dragged her feet into her bathroom while rubbing her eyes and looking at herself tiredly in the mirror.

She splashed cold water on her face to wake her up and got out all her skin care items. About thirty minutes later of skin care and brushing her teeth, she walked to her closet and picked out a blue and red plaid skit with an off the shoulder, long sleeved, cropped, black shirt. She slid on a pair of black socks and her black and white converse before going to her vanity desk to do her makeup.

It was a very light amount of makeup considering she didn't have enough money to buy all the makeup supplies she wanted. She used minimal blush with waterproof mascara and a pinkish-nude lipgloss.

She went back to her bathroom sink and put her hair in two sets of low ponytails, leaving some strands of hair in front of her face, and curled them with a curling iron. She lightly brushed out the curls so they'd look more "natural" before finally checking herself out in the mirror.

"Alright Cassie, first day of sophomore year. What are your plans for today? Make at least one friend. Just set the nerves aside. You can do this Cassie."

After giving herself a pep talk in her bathroom mirror, she walked over to Emily's room and knocked on the door.

"Em, hurry up. School starts in an hour and I still have to make breakfast!"

"I'll just eat cereal!"

"Suit yourself!"

She walked downstairs to the kitchen and got out a strawberry yogurt cup as well as a spoon.

Just as she was eating her yogurt, Em started to come down the stairs.

She was wearing a dark red t-shirt with a neckline that hung low so it could show her white undershirt with a pair of dark denim jeans and matching black and white converse.

"Why are you dressed like Elena Gilbert?"

"She has good fashion sense," she shrugged, pouring her cereal in a bowl.

"Eh, true," she replied before finishing her yogurt and washing her spoon in the sink. "Hurry up, I don't want to be late."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

About ten minutes later, the girls grabbed their bags and walked outside to their bikes.

"So, you ready for lacrosse tryouts?"

"I don't know, I mean I love lacrosse but what if I'm the only girl?"

"Lottie was the only girl on her lacrosse team too, but she inspired other girls to join as well. Maybe you'll do the same."

"I don't know..."

"Come on Em, you're amazing at lacrosse! You're gonna kick every guys' ass out there. Maybe even become captain."

"Please, I'll be lucky enough to even make the team," she replied while putting on her teal helmet.

"Okay, but in all seriousness, you're gonna kill it out there."

"Thanks sis."

The girls both pulled out their phones as well as some earbuds and played their playlists. Cassie listened to Taylor Swift while Em listened to Britney Spears. They both got on their bikes and started biking to school, both girls humming the lyrics of the songs they were listening to.

Once they got to the school, they put their bikes in the bike rack and looked at the school in front of them.

"You ready for this?" Em asked, turning her head towards Cassie.